• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The little stinkers!

Caraline

:rolleyes: My mum & dad came down for a visit today, so I was up early preparing yummy foods for them. All was finished, I'd had a quick shower & had about 15 minutes left to get dressed. Patted self on back for nice timing. Next thing my bedroom got filled with the worst stench imaginable. I looked down & Sonny & Beau are looking up at me all angelic but a bit mucky looking. I didn't want to know what they stunk of, so I just ripped my gear off, grabbed them & took them into the shower. Man the smell coming up from the thermals of the hot shower almost knocked me out. A bit to quick team work from hubby & I managed to get dressed & get the boys dry & pretty looking & smelling like little coconuts just as mum & dad drove down the drive way.

The boys rushed out to do their greetings & we stood around outside for about 5 minutes chatting. We then came inside and sat down in the lounge room, while Frank offered everyone something to drink.

Next thing, Beau bounces up on mum's lap :eek: and his ears & chest hair is dripping with this disgusting looking green slime and the room got filled up with the same satanic odour as before. :grnyuk: Poor mum couldn't get rid of him fast enough, and I ended up having to take him in for his second shower of the day.

I haven't been able to find what he rolled in, but I have a bad feeling it is something pretty gross and dead. It must be pretty close by as they were hardly out of my sight when we were outside.

Gaaah, you've got to love these little guys. They sure keep you on your toes. :D

Could have been worse! They could have presented your parents with dirty underwear too!:eek:

Last edited:
Oh yeah, they sure love to remind you that they are DOGS not 'furkids' and if they had their own choice, would opt for being coated in the smell of that rotting carcass or horsepoop every time over the nice shampoo you bought them from the pet shop. :lol: :lol:

Jaspar's stellar moment was rolling in someone's vomit and coming back in the house. :yikes

:yuk::grnyuk: Ooohhhhh Caraline!! So glad they are keeping you on your toes though!!! :) Karlin - someone else's vomit???!!! Oh gag!

With Caraline, it could be something even more interesting, like a kangaroo!

I put on the Marigolds very fast! :lol: Worse it was about 2:30 am and it took me another hour to wash and dry him.

They are only putting on their choice of smelly for your visitors:lol:I bet they think they smell divine:rotfl:

Anna (Mum of Harvey & Rudi)

Oh gag... someone else's vomit. Now that has to be the worst.

I haven't found out yet what it was. The little sneaks won't lead me to their bootie. I've been following them around on their wee breaks outside, hoping they will lead me to it, but they are too cunning.

Yeah it is probably going to be something fairly large... kangaroo, wombat, something like that. I am quite confident that once I have let my guard down & start allowing them outside on their own they will go find it & roll in it again.

Found the offending errrr item?

Got home from work yesterday feeling tired & irritable so decided to have a little power nap. Was just nodding off when I heard this weird flapping noise outside my bedroom window. I looked out to see Sam the Boxer with something really gross in his mouth & he was shaking it furiously. Those little stinkers, Beau & Sonny were dancing about excitedly trying to get if off him. Deciding this was a man's job I called my hubby to go investigate (as I already had my suspicions). Yep it was an extremely putrifying bunny. It is now disposed of, the boys have all been showered again!!! :mad:

Now my questions is. Who would like for free 2 Cavaliers & 1 Boxer. They are free, will go to their new owners with a years supply of food & 3 gallons of shampoo, conditioner & dog deodourant.

Just kidding! :D

Oh the joys of the aussie bush. :razz:
I guess I was being a little too self indulgent feeling sorry for myself when one of my (suburban block) doggies brought me a slug (in the bed, onto my face while waking up) the other week. I should count my blessings.

Back