• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

this is tough.

emmawright

hi all, just wanted to post a message, i am very upset tonight, basically daisy had a sore toe where she had a hole in it, and then it got infected, so she is on antibiotics for the infection, but tonight she was asleep on my lap and i have noticed that nearly every toe has a hole coming on it. What if every toe gets an infection? it seems it starts as a white patch and then a hole comes in the centre of her toes. She won't stop licking it so it must be annoying her a lot.

just really upset about it all, DE/CC is tough. Plus with her scratching herself all the time, licking her feet all the time, and her eyes are bad too. Her skin is awful too. I feel sorry for her, all these problems and she is only 9 months old. She is so tired all the time too, and sometimes when she looks at me she looks fed up with it all. i am finding it all very stressful, as it is not nice to see your pet in discomfort.

Sorry to be a moaner, but it is just very hard.
She knows when i am upset as she just came and gave me a big hug and cuddles for ages, but sometimes i really don't know what to do...

:(

oh Emma I'm so sorry to hear this - DE/CC is a very tough condition to manage - I think you in contact with Diana and Alison, they both have lots of good advice to give you having lived with the condition.

Sadly the quality of life with this condition is not always good - which is why most affected pups are euthanised when tiny.

I'm not sure if you've been to see Claudia at the Animal Health Trust in Newmarket? If not, it would definitely be worth going as she is one of the few experts on the condition - most vets don't even know it exists let alone how to manage it.

I do hope that Daisy can be made more comfortable - it isn't fair for her to be suffering like this, especially when she should be enjoying her puppyhood. HOpefully the existing antibiotics will prevent further infections taking hold at the moment.

Just wanted to say that we are thinking of you :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Emma, I just want to say how brave I think both you and Daisy are and how much I admire you for everything you are doing for Daisy to make her comfortable with her condition. It must be so hard to see her like that and you obviously love her very very much and try to do everything possible you can to make her comfortable.

I just wanted to say that, and I do hope the condition settles down a bit so she is more comfortable and it is less stress on you.

:hug:
Hugs from Lani & Lucky,
:flwr:

Oh, sweet girl. :( That just breaks my heart to hear Daisy in this condition. Forgive me, but I have NO idea what DE/CC is?

My goodness you have every right to whine and feel upset. dont apologize for wanting to vent. The rest of us are whining (like me) when our puppies get a vaccination shot and are sore - you have cause to feel stressed. I remember the stress when my lab was in her last yr and you are right, its very hard to sit and see them in pain as they cant be told in words why they hurt. it is hard so let it out here if it helps take some of the stress away for a bit.

:flwr: Oh dear, sweet Daisy!
We are sending you good thoughts and prayers....we hope things will look up very soon for all of you.
Dear sweet Daisy girl!

Nancy
Teddy and sweet, little Katydid

aww Emma ****HUGZ****

You are so brave for going through this with Daisy. :) Hopefully these meds will get everything cleared up. ;)

Did you know that she had this condition when you got her??

Thank Goodness Daisy has such a wonderful mom to take care of her :flwr:

Emma, :flwr:

It is tough and it only sadly gets tougher as she gets older. New and different problems will come and go. There will be days that you will want to pull your hair out trying to manage this and many more spent in tears.

There will be goods days as well but you must be prepared for the down side.

Just take it day by day....watch "This Morning" tomorrow on the TV, Claudia from the A.H.T is talking about DE/CC with Flossie.

You know you can PM me anytime, always here for you both,

Alison x

i didnt know daisy had this condition when i got her, all i knew was that she had an ulcer on her eye, which went into de/cc. i will certainly watch this morning tomorrow, thanks everyone. x

Daisy is just so sweet; it is so hard to imagine her suffering and I can only imagine how difficult this is for you. It is just cruel and unfair that she has this condition. I hope her feet improve quickly and that with help from caring, experienced people like Alison, you will find ways of keeping her comfortable and happy. Daisy's pictures always bring me a smile and she is one of my favourites on the board. You are both in my thoughts. :flwr:

You are such a good Mother to Daisy, She is such a sweet girl. Gentle hugs coming your way from Lily and me. :hug:

you are just being a great owner!! Feel better daisy!! Her picture is one of my FAVORITES!!

:flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Oh, tears are coming to my eyes thinking of it. I know how I would feel if it were Maddy. Hugs to you and licks to Daisy.
Pam and Maddy.

Emma, I hope Daisy's toe soon improves & that the antibiotics will prevent any further infections in her other toes. We all know you will do your very best for her, she has a wonderful Mamma - I think you are entitled to have a moan :flwr:

Give her a gentle :hug: from me and my boys xxx

Poor Daisy, I would hate to have to go through what you are doing for her, but you are doing a brill job and I'm sure Daisy knows that.

Emma,

You have Daisy for a reason, Someone, Somewhere knew that you would take excellent care of her and love her no matter what!!!

I know it's hard, but you were chosen for her.

I 'found' a stray kitten 12 years ago. He followed me home. Within a year he developed lukemia. Not feline, but an actual blood lukemia (according to my vet) he almost died. He was on prednisone (?) for years. I took him for his check-ups and blood work. He is fine today and off the pred. Sometimes I wonder if he would have 'found' someone else would they have done these things for a stray cat.

You've been chosen. It's difficult road, but you can do it. Take care of beautiful Daisy and love her like I know you do everyday and she will appreciate it everyday with hugs and cuddles.

Back