• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Today seems hard...

Hi Aileen, thanks for asking. I am doing ok thanks. Some days are easier than others though. Bluebell is better now, she isn't barking like she was, and she seems to be more of a lap dog now, enjoying lots of kisses and cuddles.

thinking of you and sending lots of hugs
gingers mum is right dogs do feel sad and miss their friends.Smudge lost a little friend 9 months ago now.Not mine but a neighbours black mongrel.She was special to him and last week he ran ahead in the park and across the brook was this little dog the image of lucy. When we got nearer he realised it wasnt her, stopped in his tracks and hung his head.He looked so sad I almost cried.Needless to say he got a huge hug and lots of extra love when we got home.
Obviously dogs do grieve just like us and it takes us all time to learn to move on but we never forget the pleasure our lost loved ones gave to us.

xxx smudges mum and lots of luv and licks from smudge

Emma, when my little yorkie passed away in June 06 I missed him so much. Mixed in with that was a lot of guilt. When we first got him we both worked and the poor little baby didn't get the attention he should have. We should never have bought a pet with our lifestyle but once we loved him and he loved us we couldn't change that. However, it helped that during the last two years of Winston's life my husband was retired and he got a lot of time and attention. He lived until 14 too which was good.
Anyway, we moved two weeks after he passed away and that helped a lot. I didn't see him looking at me from the top of the stairs all the time. I didn't hear his little feet padding around all the time. During the move we did get rid of his toys etc because we fully intended not to get another pet.
Of course now we have Maddy and she brings so much joy to our lives. But we always think of Winston and miss him. We got Maddy six months afterwards and believe me there will never be any guilt with her! She is the most loved most spoilt dog I know.
Emma, please look after yourself and grieve in the way you want to.
Pam

Last edited:
Oh you poor love!!! I am so very sorry for your loss. You can be comforted in the fact that Daisy was loved to the full (and then some) whilst she was with you. thinking of you and big hugs xxx:(

Back