• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Toy question

Markdwoolley

is a West Paw Zogoflex Toppl Treat Dispensing Dog Toy Puzzle small size to big for its jaw to pull from the large size. The small size has a diameter of 3 inches

Welcome! I've not seen this toy before but just looked it up and it looks great! Do you have a puppy or adult? It might be challenge for a small puppy but they'll grow. :) For an adult, I wouldn't think there'd be any issue. However it can take dogs a while to figure out how such toys work. And it looks as if the small toy overall is aimed at medium breeds rather than small. But cavaliers as adults are kind of in between small and medium and 3 inches should be easy for an adult to grasp.

One thing to keep in mind is that the toys look like they hold a fair amount of treats if filled. You'd need to make sure that's sub\tracted from overall daily calories. On the other hand, this would be a GREAT toy for actually feeding meals. Many of my trainer friends actually recommend feeding dogs their meals from hollow toys like this because it adds so much brain work and stretches out feeding time and this kind of slow working away at a hollow food-filled toy is very relaxing and satisfying for a dog. You could also just use a slight wipe of a meat paste or say, peanut butter (make absolutely sure it doesn't use the sweetener xylitol though as this is extremely dangerous and often fatal to dogs; for some reason some peanut butters have it!). Smelling that paste hidden inside would keep a dog very busy trying to extract the smaller toy from the larger.

I like other Zogoflex toys so might have to order this one!

We love the Toppl and regularly use it for meals. Also great to hide around the garden for food searches.

I've even pushed puzzle sticks through the side hole to stop them swallowing the last piece.

I think separating a large and small Toppl might be quite a challenge for a Cavalier but they are all different and there's so much else you can do with them anyway if it doesn't work out.

We love the Zogoflex Qwizl for holding chews now, my Shih Tzu loves JP pet products ostrich tendons.

Back