• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Verbal bullying is not a joke.

I have contacts in Bimingham who work for a welfare organisation and also hold companion shows in Birmingham each year where I could take an information table and get to talk with pet owners about health issues in Cavaliers, including SM and MVD. The same applies to a huge companion show in the city each Autumn too.

I would probably need to recruit a helper so that I could show one or more of my dogs during the day and also some informative literature would need to be written to give to those wanting the information. I see lots of work here, but it would be worth it to make constructive progress towards re-educating the general public.

Perhaps some of us could get together to facilitate this? I will also send a similar posting to the other UK groups I belong to?

You know what they say about actions speaking louder than words, perhaps it's time we sorted the men from the boys.

I have contacts in Bimingham who work for a welfare organisation and also hold companion shows in Birmingham each year where I could take an information table and get to talk with pet owners about health issues in Cavaliers, including SM and MVD. The same applies to a huge companion show in the city each Autumn too.

I would probably need to recruit a helper so that I could show one or more of my dogs during the day and also some informative literature would need to be written to give to those wanting the information. I see lots of work here, but it would be worth it to make constructive progress towards re-educating the general public.

Perhaps some of us could get together to facilitate this? I will also send a similar posting to the other UK groups I belong to?

You know what they say about actions speaking louder than words, perhaps it's time we sorted the men from the boys.

Thats a wonderful idea!!!
I am certainly willing to help in any way I can. Maybe we could start some fundrasing on behalf of SM research.
I know that Margaret sells stuff on Ebay to help maybe if any of us have anything we could sell or donate.

Does any one know if there is a registered charity for Cavaliers/SM and MVD awareness. If not how would we go about starting one??

Thats a wonderful idea!! I am certainly willing to help in anyway possible.
Maybe we could start by raising some money so that we can get a place at these shows. I know that margaret sells stuff on ebay for fundraising- if anyone had anything they could donate??
Is there a registered charity for SM/MVD awareness or even Cavaliers? If not how would one go about starting one??

Back