• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

We met Charlotte Today!!!

I can't see the pictures on this computer (at work firewall) but I want to point out that several people on this board have 2 male dogs that get along fantastically. :flwr: I think Cavaliers in general are pretty outgoing. ;)

As far as having curlies, Kosmo looked like this when I got him:

b53301827.jpg

he had lotsa curlies :flwr:

He now looks like this:

b76081110.jpg

This is after a roughed up day of a bunch of doglets slobbering on him in class.. he has a few slight waves but no curlies anymore.. so based on that I don't think curlies stay with everybody forever :flwr:

I'll take a look at the puplets when I get home although I am sure they are both just to die for :flwr:

They are both adorable !! what a hard choice
but I have to say my vote goes to Charlie ;) I like his head, markings and eyes better.
But they´re both absolutely stunning :D

Oh arasara...Kosmo is adorable. :D

I realllllly like curls on the ears, it's the coat (on their rump and back) that I like to see smooth and stick straight.

I really think Griffin would be fine with either a little sister OR brother.
He loves everyone and everything...that's the great thing about goldens.

As long as we don't have a Ren and Stimpy situation where Charlie is the super Alpha we should be just fine. :lol:

Personally, they are both fine looking puppies so I really wouldnt bother about looks. When you go back their personalities would be more obvious and the breeder should be able to help you decide which kind would work better with you and your lifestyle.

They are both adorable.

When we decided we wanted a cavalier i let the breeder choose for me, we chose his name without even seeing him. I knew i wanted a blenhiem male (dont know why!!). When we went to see him the breeder had all the other pups out for us to see, but he was Harvey and was the only one for me, but given half a chance i would of taken them all home.

Anyway sorry not much help, i just love them both. Take them both home, you know you want to :lol: :lol:

Anna (Mum of Harvey)

They are both so adorable that I would be making my decision (with the breeder's help) based upon personality, and (as someone else said) which one you feel drawn to emotionally. There's just no telling how their coats--or their markings even--will ultimately stabilize. They obviously come from handsome stock so they will both probably be beautiful dogs.

Good luck! It's a very tough choice indeed!

Well, my life just got a little more stressful.

I thought I would have until the puppies were 8 weeks to decide which puppy would be my new baby.

Well another family wants Charlotte.
There were only 4 puppies in the litter and my breeder a cannot, understandably, hold 2 puppies and wait for me to decide.

She has 3 families visiting this Sunday to pick their puppy.
I am going there first, at 1:00 to make my final choice.

I feel sick to my stomach, just when I think I'm sure about the one I want I change my mind.

Yesterday I was thinking Charlie, today Charlotte.

My breeder thinks I would love either one, they have SUCH similar personalities and I bonded with both!

Anyone have an extra $2000 they want to loan me to fix the problem!?!J/K

:lol:

Group hug :sl*p:

How stressful! I feel for you. What would the breeder do in the event that more than one family wants Charlotte or Charlie? Is it ultimately up to the breeder who takes priority and which puppy goes with which family?

It is very hard.

Actually we have first pick of the 2 puppies as we have been on the approved waitlist the longest and have a close realtionship with us.

She also knows both puppies we are deciding between would fit with our family.

She basically said go with your feeling.

I can "hear" that you are very stressed and frustrated with this decision. But, at least you can take comfort in the fact that there is no wrong decision. All of us and, more importantly, your breeder have essentially said the same thing. What ever decision you make will be the right one for your family! :flwr:

I have 2 Males and in my heart always wanted a little girl, since I have 3 Human Males. I would not change a thing about either of my male furry babies I love them both very very much. :l*v:

They get along wonderfully and nobody fights for the alpha position. :wggle:

I asked my hubby as I was looking at the pics, and we both would take Charlie. He has a gorgeous face and I love having boys, my breeder has always told me that the boys are In Love with you where the girls love you.

When we went to get Dudley, we originally only had the choice of one puppy. After we arrived at my breeders home she informed us that we could have either male as she did not approve of the previous family.

I understand how hard this decision is for you, Dudley was the original puppy that was left in the litter and he came to us and bonded with my husband right away. The others were taken because they were girls, but I can really honestly tell you that I am so happy that my Dudley was the one left. I also think he was not chosen because he did not have the spot the other pup did. This made no difference to me, I look at my gorgeous boy today and I am happy he is the one we chose. :flwr:

Darby on the other hand was a entirely different case, he was the only ruby in the litter. :D :D :D :D :D The rest of the story I think you know. icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling

Sorry if this confuses you more, I would also take Bruce's advice he is a wonderful wonderful breeder.

Are you looking for a more playful puppy or more laid back.

Dudley was more laid back as a puppy compared to Darby but of course Dudley was an only fur baby too.

Don't know if this will help you at all, but I am trying.

Below is a picture of Dudley he is the puppy to the right.

DSC00088_2_.jpg

This is Dudley today.

Dudley21-1.jpg

I'd sit on the floor and see which puppy chose me. The one which is more interested in me in a friendly but not too aggresive play would win. That is exactly why our breeder chose Kodee for us - because she said Kodee decided for her.

They are both so adorable. After all the important issues like health etc are out of the way, I will always go by temperament and personality rather than markings. I tend to be attracted to vivacious outgoing dogs so if the choice was up to me I'd be sitting on the floor and playing with them both and choosing the one that seems most playful and confident.

What fun having a choice of more than one though. As there was only one male in Beau's litter, and we wanted a male, the choice was easy.

I can't wait to hear what your decision is after seeing them again this weekend. From your pictures I would pick Charlie. He looks like he has so much personality! But I know you'll love either one.

All of you are so wonderful...thank you, thank you for your thoughts and advice.

My husband and I talked about it for a long time last night and we think We sat and tried to recall the visit and the little details to help with our decision. Charlie is the right one for us.

He just had a little more of that "something" in his little personality that we can't let go of. My husband was sold on Charlie right after he scooped him up and Charlie looked in his eyes and lightly licked his nose! ADORABLE!

As many of you mentioned, sitting on the floor and see who comes up....well it was Charlie. He went right to my lap and fell asleep. That is what prompted me to sey "who is this little one?".

When my husband was baby talking to one in his arms I said "who is that one you are holding?"
My hubby was holding Charlie.

I go out Saturday as my breeder really wants me to visit with both one more time.

I feel so much better today, thanks to all of you for your support and for teaching me to trust my heart.

:flwr:

Bronte

I am so happy that you have come to a decision, I am sure you will be estactic. I do understand as I always had my heart set on having a little girl whether it be human or furry. But like I said already Dudley came to us and although he did not have that spot we did not care we went with our instincts. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

They are both adorable, but something about Charlie just pulls me to him and you already have your answer since he is the one that came to you. :D :D :D :D :D

Believe me in this breed owning a male while having another is not a problem. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:
Many of us have two males, Karlin included.

When will Charlie be coming home. ?????

Linda, the photos are precious....thanks for posting them.

Charlie can come home on Sunday May 13th....Mother's Day! :flwr:

Charlieonhisbed.jpg

Back