• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What would you do in this situation?

I'm so glad you are taking this beautiful girl, My Cody was 8 when l got her from the breeder in June Ive never regretted taking her not once if fact just the opposite she's been a perfect little dog she's very active she follows me everywhere l go and she loves cuddles, good luck on Friday

I took in a 6yr old mill mama rescue in August who lived her entire life in a cage.
She doesn't have as much energy as my 2yr old Jack Russell Terrier (of course I doubt many would) but she loves to play, she loves affection, and she is curious about everything around her, and loves being outside where she can run.
She was seen by a cardiologist and opthamologist a few weeks after she came to live with me.
She has a level 2 heart murmur which doesnt require medication at this time, and her eyes were excellent.
As far as house training, there wasnt any.
I offered her to go out every few hrs for the first few weeks, with no accidents.
She still doesn't know how to tell me she wants out other than to sit quietly by the door and wait patiently until someone notices her.
Im glad you decided to get her.
I fell in love with mine as soon as I saw her. She is enjoying a much earned retirement living the life of a Queen..err I mean Cavalier:)
I think you will enjoy her(y)
Congrats.

Great news - we are going to get her on Friday at 7pm!! Whatever happens I feel that she will be better off out of there. Very excited and no idea what to expect - just had a thought though - I hope she's house trained if she isn't I imagine that would be a nightmare, not even sure where she lives normally. It'll all become more clear on Friday anyway... Thanks for all of your advice - this forum is brilliant!

I am so glad you are taking her. Good luck tomorrow. I hope everything works out.

Look who we've got :)))))

Oh my gosh she's lovely, a bit scratty and very small compared to harvey and looks a lot different. wondering if that's because she's female? Anyhow, she's lovely, she has a bad limp on her back leg, terrible terrible breath and teeth but she's full of energy. Harvey is trying to mount her every 5 seconds would this mean she was in heat or that he was just interested? I'm sure we have lots to learn and we are very busy trying to keep them apart but they seem to be getting on well. She has already peed inside twice so I'm not sure if this means she's just excited or not house trained. We'll see what happens, it was very hard to get photos as she was very busy obviously but here are the first few...

http://emmalizthebiz.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php

Oh Emma, that is very exciting and I am pleased you are taking her. Don't ever let anybody tell you that you can't teach an old dog new tricks, because that is untrue.

One of the great things about a second dog, is that they often learn very quickly from the other dog. So even if she is not housetrained and does not understand your command for going to the toilet, she will learn it by association.

You will certainly need to get one of your dogs neutered/spayed in time, but this usually isn't some great emergency that must be done on day 1. Dogs do not mate unless the female is in season. Don't delay too long though because seasons can get a bit unpredictable if the dog is a bit unsettled.

Well this is fun, so I am looking forward to more news. I am sure this little girl's life is going to be much sweeter with you than her questionable breeder.

Congratulations, she is gorgeous.:jmp2:

Sooooo pleased you gave her a new home. Enjoy

Anna (Mum of Harvey and Rudi)

oh really happy for you! Our 3rd Cavi Pebbles has been with use two weeks now and she asks like a princess and it seems I have always had her. Im sure your new little girl will settle soon, like others have said she will follow suit and soon be housetrained. I would treat her like she was not and take her to the toilet hourly, My little new black and tan is tiny too. Good luck and hope you have a lovely weekend with her:)

Back