• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

When to Feed?

Sort of twice

8 am : 4 gravy bones each
6 -7 pm : burns venison & rice/fish & brown rice with a nature's menu banquet nugget on top.
9- 10 pm ish: Burns ocean bite/charcoal bonio for supper after their walk

My mob are fed twice a day as i have oldies and i think its better for them.
They also get biscuits to go to bed.Indie the Leonberger starts to remind me about an hour before food time just in case i forget.My old collie collects all the bowls after to make sure they are ready for the next feed

We feed our two twice a day, at 8am & 5pm. They get a treat when I go out for work and normally something else in the evening too:)

I think I must be the only one who only feeds my dogs once a day! The girls are little and only get a rounded 1/4 cup of food a day - splitting that in half would give them about five little pieces of food at each meal!!! They do get some fresh vegies and/or fruit if I'm cutting some up in the kitchen and they each get a small dehydrated sweet potato treat when I leave the house. My boys each get 1/3 to 1/2 cup of food per day - again in one sitting. They're all at good weights right now.

Wow Bev. Thats not very much at all. What kind of dog food do you use and how many calories is in etc? I'm giving mine 1 cup a day--1/2 in the a.m. and 1/2 in the evening.

Mindy gets 1/4 cup a.m. and p.m. (I still think she could stand to lose a bit but I can't stand to give her less). She gets a few tiny liver or salmon treats, and four or five kibble and frozen yogurt in a kong when I go to work.

Max gets 1/2 cup twice a day (I'm going to move him off of puppy food to all life stages over the next couple of weeks) and a few more treats, and two kongs.

Max weighs 16.8 pounds at 6 months and Mindy is probably somewhere between 20 and 21 lbs.

Back