• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Where does your Cav sleep?

On our bed. He hasn't even allowed upstairs when we first got him LOL but now he sleeps on our bed taking up most of the room snoring away like made :D

Indy sleeps on the bed, and for now Charlie sleeps in his crate until he earns on-the=bed privileges. ;)

Marlon sleeps under the stairs with a babygate stopping him coming up the stairs in the night.

I get up at 6.30am to let him out for a toilet and then sprints upstairs to get in the bed for cuddles !

There he stays until its time to get up !

In the week he gets taken to the day carers (my partners parents) and when he gets there he jumps straight in there bed !

I always try and put him in his bed at night whilst he is asleep as I cant bare those eyes looking at me whilst I leave him for his sleep.

He has slept upstairs all night twice and he hated it both times !

My two sleep in their bed, in the kitchen, behind a pen, all night but as soon as breakfast is given at 7am it's up to our bed until I get up or on sundays until hubby and I get up. If we try to cuddle they join in!

I did try leaving them to come up the stairs if they wanted but Gus preferred his own bed and Pippin was up and down every hour or half hour so I reintoduced the pen as he seems to know that means sleep until morning!

bean bag in the kitchen then up for cuddle on a sunday morning with my cuppa. shame hes not trained to make that too but i suppose thats what the hubby is for :lol: :lol:

blue_star said:
The only time he does come up is when he needs the toilet in the middle of the night and he comes and wakes me up to let him out.
I had visions of him using your toilet :shock: since you said he needs the toilet instead of to toilet

Sofee falls asleep on my husband's lap in the reclining chair in the late evening, then around 2:00am he gets up and puts her in her crate in our bedroom when he comes to bed. I get her up at 5:30 and she joins us in bed until 6:30.
Crazy! You'd think the poor thing would be so confused, but she is really used to it. icon_whistling

momay said:
Sofee falls asleep on my husband's lap in the reclining chair in the late evening, then around 2:00am he gets up and puts her in her crate in our bedroom when he comes to bed. I get her up at 5:30 and she joins us in bed until 6:30.
Crazy! You'd think the poor thing would be so confused, but she is really used to it. icon_whistling
Ha! My husband falls asleep on the couch with her and then carries her to her crate about the same time - 2am. I keep saying, you'd better hope she stays small cause in about 3 mths explain to me how you are going to accomplish this! Like the babies - eventually carrying that toddler is not so easy and they wake up screaming to not be left!

All in their own doggy beds but in our bedroom with us.

They do all come up though for a cuddle in the morning when we have a cup of tea in bed...lovely, precious moments that start the day of so well :D

Alison.

Good point Debbie! She is about 7.5 months right now and certainly would prefer to come to the bed with him, but we do need some alone time too!
When I took her out of her crate this morning, I realized how small it was for her and just ordered two Nylabone medium sized crates, she certainly is growing up fast! :yikes
Alison, the cuppa tea in bed with cuddles sounds like heaven on earth. I can't imagine life without a Cav anymore!
:flwr: :flwr:

We do this thing...our Cav sleeps next to our bed, in her crate. Mike wakes around 6 am to take her out...but as SOON as she gets back in, she makes a bee-line for the bed. I try to sleep in until 6:30 but then I'm ambushed by a happy Cavalier! Mike even tried to close the bedroom door and she figured out how to turn the latch...and bonk against the door to get in...it made such a racket I thought someone was breaking into the house. NO, it's just SUPER PRINCESS needing to get her cuddles on the bed! Boy does she ever love it. I have to admit, it has to be a breed trait, with her overwhelming desire to get on the bed with me in the morning! :lol: -Nataile

bed

Oliver sleeps in my bed with his head on my pillow! If my boyfriend is here, he sleeps in his own bed.

Teddy sleeps right in between my fiance and I, at our heads. He tries to steal our pillows at various points throughout the night. :)
Ellie is only 5 months old, so she's not completely reliable yet. I'm easing her into the bed. When I take naps she'll sleep with Teddy and I, and last week I started letting her sleep with us until my fiance comes to bed (usually a few hours after I do).
The dogs are at my parents' house right now, as we went on a vacation, so we've reclaimed the bed and actually can snuggle without a ball of fur honing in on the action!!! :lol: You forget what it is like to have a private moment. :)

All 4 of my dogs sleep on a queen size bed with me. :slp: My avatar is a picture of my bed covered with cavaliers.

First I sleep on my side. Merry curls into the crook of my arm. Jolly usually lays back to back with me. Pippin goes up to the top of the bed and lays his head on the corner of my pillow and Luke picks any open spot on the bed. Later at night, Pippin gets warm and jumps down on the hardwood floor to sleep through the rest of the night.

natalieandmike said:
We do this thing...our Cav sleeps next to our bed, in her crate. Mike wakes around 6 am to take her out...but as SOON as she gets back in, she makes a bee-line for the bed. I try to sleep in until 6:30 but then I'm ambushed by a happy Cavalier! Mike even tried to close the bedroom door and she figured out how to turn the latch...and bonk against the door to get in...it made such a racket I thought someone was breaking into the house. NO, it's just SUPER PRINCESS needing to get her cuddles on the bed! Boy does she ever love it. I have to admit, it has to be a breed trait, with her overwhelming desire to get on the bed with me in the morning! :lol: -Nataile

Natalie, if ever Maxx gets accidentally shut out of our room he will make such a racket banging it to get back in that I swear the door will come off its hinges :lol: He can't quite reach the handle on our bedroom door but outside my eldest son's room is yet another dog bed and he's realised that if the pillow on this is near enough and he stands on it then he can reach the handle and open the door. Once he gets inside it's doggie paradise as there's always sweetie wrappers in the bin and dirty t-shirts to snuggle into on the floor. If he's very lucky, there will also be something nice to drink like flat coke in a glass on the floor :yuk:

I've loved having my Sammy sleep on the bed as a puppy. But now that he's getting older and more independent, he actually jumps off the bed and goes to his crate :cry*ing:

I think I've smothered him with attention too much as a puppy: he actually goes to the other room now even during the day when I'm watching TV. :confused: I think he's decided he needs some space. He also spends long periods of time staring at himself in the mirror, so he must be trying to work out who he is :D

Back