• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Where does your Cav sleep?

Where does your Cav sleep?

• Outside.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In the house, but not the bedroom.

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • In the bedroom, in their own bed.

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • In the bedroom, on my bed.

Votes: 49 50.5%
  • Other...

Votes: 4 4.1%

• Total voters
Miles sleeps either plastered next to me, on his back with his legs in the air, or partially on my head - he has a thing for the Tempur-Pedic pillow :rolleyes: Marshall, the little one, sleeps on my BF's neck or on top of Miles. Many times the idea of crating them at night sounds like a great one because they do fidget A LOT, and man, does Miles snore and make the strangest noises in his sleep!!! :slp:

We tried when Ashton was a pup to get him to sleep in our bed with us but he just kept getting on and off the bed all night and slept soundly when we put him downstairs in his crate (not closed!) with his blankets in there. Now that we have Rio aswell they sleep together (ahh) in their bed downstairs. :)

Harvey sleeps in his cage in the small box room and Bella is loose next to his cage in her bed. When Bella wasn't there during her heat nightmare he cried all night and then slept in our bed until she came back!

They have their own stairs to our bed and sleep on my wife's head.
lol

She has her stairs onto the bed and sleeps curled up under the covers behind my bent knees. Until I can't stand the snoring and then she is banished to the living room.

Scouts sleeps very close to me, she has to be touching me either with her body or feet. I'm pretty happy that she doesn't want to sleep on my head :).

She started out in the crate as a pup, but when she was six months old, I put her in the bed with me and she laid right down and went to sleep. She has only jumped off the bed once in the middle of the night. I ignored her and she threw up on the floor. I learned my lesson.

I tried to crate train Pickles (maybe some of you remember...)

I finally gave up and now she sleeps with us peacefully and happily and we all get a good night's rest.

Pickles is lovely, sweet, cooperative... but she WILL NOT sleep alone. Period. She just won't have it.

We got beat.

I admit it.

But we don't care.

Murphy sleeps in between us on our bed. He lies as close as possible, my O/H usually ends up on the end of the bed with no covers, with Murphy pressed into his back:lol:

What is the deal with the pressing? Isabelle cannot NOT press up her full body weight into me.

Last edited:
Alex sleeps in the bed with my nine yr old daughter:luv: he absolutely loves her :luv::luv: i couldnt bare the thought of him sleeping on his own he wouldnt have any of it anyway at the weekends when we have well try to have a lie on he snuggles up to me and doesnt move til i get up :slp::slp:

It reminds me of when the kids were babies and we'd snuggle in the bed for hours with them theyre so soft and cuddly and warm just like Alex is:luv::luv::luv:

Rosie starts off snuggled against my tummy but when she gets too hot she moves down to my feet. Unfortunately, I lie on my side with my feet apart, so when I want to turn over, I can't because she's between my feet and I can't move them:rolleyes:

This is the first winter she's been with me and I must admit I have not had to have the electric blanket on once. She's just like a big hot water bottle:D

Part of me is just very happy that so far, no one keeps them outside to sleep. One of the byb that wanted me to buy her dogs said that they are kept in an outbuilding. The day she emailed me it was -5 degrees and they had over 2ft of snow. I just wanted to break something.

I tried to crate train Pickles (maybe some of you remember...)

I finally gave up and now she sleeps with us peacefully and happily and we all get a good night's rest.

Pickles is lovely, sweet, cooperative... but she WILL NOT sleep alone. Period. She just won't have it.

We got beat.

I admit it.

But we don't care.
Same exact thing happened to us!! However, I must admit we love having her sleeping in our bed. She nestles up very close to me.... it took a long time to get used to it, but now I finally get a good night's sleep.

Kincaid has recently started sleeping under the covers towards the end of the bed. But usually by morning he's next to me, I think I move around too much for him!!!

Oh none of the rest of you have coffee table dogs? They are far superior to coffee table books because they are self dusting!

:):)

I'm loving reading these!! And so relieved to see zero answers to sleeping outside ;) I love when Jake and Shelby sleep with us on vacation. None of us sleep well but they are so cute and cuddly....I don't mind. Couldn't do it every night though.

Cody starts off in her little bed next to mine but as soon as Gordon gets up in the morning she jumps in his side of the bed next to me for an hour

lexi sleeps on our bed, either curled up on hubby's tummy or curled up on my back, anywhere she can feel warm bodies is where she'll be :D

I actually voted on "other". We have 3 of our dogs that sleep in bed with us and a 4th that prefers her own bed on the floor. The rest of the dogs sleep in their crates in another part of the house. Every 6 to 9 months we rotate the 3 dogs that sleep with us so everyone has their turn in bed and in a crate and are happy in either place.

BTW, a weird thing I noticed lately. Anna (of "5 months..." fame) is currently sleeping with us. Twice now, in the middle of the night when I was having trouble sleeping, Anna has got up from her spot on the bed, sniffed Kris, sniffed me, then gone back to her spot and back to sleep. It's weird, is she checking to make sure we are alive??

Back