• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Where has the snoring gone!!!

Alison_Leighfield

Well the little lady has stopped the snoring.... :lol:

We were told that Ellis, our newest addition at 6yrs, would snore the house down! ... WONDERFUL I thought, I love Cav's that snore....and how I miss it ... :jump:

Two night later it's all stopped.... :( and she's only snored the once since she came...

She deep sleeps after her walks/runs and is relaxed and comfortable with us...so why no snoring!!!

Ideas??.... we want her to snore the house down again :D

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

oooh I'll send you a tape of Rupert...and my friend's two, Oscar and Polly - you have to turn the TV up to hear over them!!!

Isn't it funny how this can change? Rupert sometimes snores really loudly and sometimes not at all...

Maybe if Ellis starts sleeping on her back more she will snore more for you?

:lol: Yes, if she'd lie on her back and turn her head a certain way, I'm sure she'll snore very loud. :slp: That's how Geordie manages it! :lol:

Too funny Nicki! I was thinking the same thing...I'll send you a recording of my little drunken sailor, Shelby, she can snore a house down!

So thats the idea then :D ...they have to be on their backs!!! I will wait for her to go sleepy nite nites and will then try!! :jump:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

It's so cute when they snore--Mia slept with me while I was visiting family over Christmas. I woke up to her snoring one night and she was lying on her back shaking the rafters! The night before I woke up to her standing on my chest--I think I must have been snoring and she wasn't sure what was going on with Mom! So funny! :lol:

I LOVE it when my babies snore. Sometimes they get so loud that I think it is my husband snoring and then I will realize it is Remmy or Sophie. It's a real blast when they are both snoring at the same time. Just too cute! I also love it when Skittle yawns and makes this little sqeaky noise. I just turn into a puddle on the floor. I just LOVE my babies!

Tucker makes a noise when he stretches and yawns, sometimes I think he's immitating me because I do the same thing, when I wake up. He's so cute, I love the sounds he makes.

I'm the opposite, a light sleeper who could not stand snoring! :yikes Only Lily was ever really bad and that was very much due to her obesity when she came from the pound... she only gives the occasional snore now and nothing like the volume last summer, when even two doors were not enough to eliminate the decibles. :lol: Leo does an occasional snore. I think it tends to be a combo of where they sleep, the position, and whether the dog is overweight. Going by Lily, even a small amount of weight loss significantly reduced her snoring volume til it eventually went away almost entirely.

Karlin said:
even a small amount of weight loss significantly reduced her snoring volume til it eventually went away almost entirely.
So this could well be the answer....she really enjoys her hourly hike every day! perhaps a few ounces in daily weight loss makes all the difference, along with her tummy getting a good tone up! :D

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

I love all the responses. Our Punkin' snores so loud I had to buy my husband one of those noise alarm clocks (he is a very light sleeper) so we sleep to gentle rain every night. Boo doesn't snore at all and he is a bit overweight...if he starts to snore I'll know to put him on a diet!!!

Well I spoke too soon. Lily came back from the kennels about a pound or two heavier :( and is snoring again. Definitely weight related! She is back on a diet. :roll: No one ever believes how little she needs to eat and I am sure she was getting treats too, the little stinker.

Kosmo only snores one big snore before he falls asleep. ;(

Karlin - Kos also gained 1.2lbs in the two weeks that my parents were here. :( :( He didn't even gain that much when he was a puppy.. :shock: She told me he wasn't getting "many treats" but he was barely eating his food so I think he may have gotten more than I know about.. icon_whistling

Back