• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Winter sweaters and jackets

I have a sweater and a coat and Alex does not mind either. In fact he gets as excited by the coats as he does by the leash. My problem is with the boots I got. He just stands there in them and looks like I have hurt him or something. When he does try to walk, he can't stand up. Do they take a long time in getting used to? I even tried to get him used to having something on his feet by putting on baby socks and he acted the same. The 1st pair I thought were a little short so I exchanged them for a larger pair and I know these are plenty big enough. Anyone else have this problem?

Jane, Mom to Alex,

With Maverick, I put his boots on and right away I take him outside.

Kosmo and Faith both took a bit of time getting used to the muttluks. Faith still hates them, but she doesn't have much of a choice :rolleyes: I put two on in the house (1 on front and 1 on back) and left them on for about 5 minutes, then the next day I put all 4 on for 5 minutes and just gradually made them get used to it.. Faith threw a fit and wouldn't walk ANYWHERE with the booties on so I had to do a "if you want a treat, yo'ull walk to me in those shoes for it!" game. . . but she eventually got used to it and will now at least tolerate it :flwr:

Back