• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Year of the puppy Updated info

:updte:

So Ive decided to keep reusing this old thread to update on my progress of getting a Cavy

My breeder and I just talked on the phone and she told me that she is breeding her beautiful Blen this week. The sire she had picked out is one of the top producing Cavys on loan right now to one of her friends and she didnt think that he would be available to be bred to her girl but her friends saved her a date so she will be breeding her girl next week if all goes according to plan. So now I have a choice between these two litters as she is still going to be breeding her beautiful tri next month. I think she knows I want a tri so she said I would probably be more interested in the later litter (boy did my husband's eyes perk up when I told her about an all Blen litter can you guess what he wants? Wink ) but I told her in the end I wanted the best pup so I would let her decide as these two litters will be so close and who knows which litter will have pups that are better show quality and thus she might want to keep for herself. Either way my excitement is building ever so much which each exchange we have. I will be visiting her in the next month as well thus giving me something to look forward to.

In the meantime she says her Ruby litter is doing fine and she will hopefully send me more pics within a week or so

And though its still somewhat early I thought Id post some name ideas I have been toying around with.

If we get a girl her name is going to be Ellie no question. Ellie is a special little something between my husband and I but unfortunately the name sounds a bit odd with our last name and thus we opted to name our first pup that instead of our first daughter. So thats done

The boy names I have been toying around with. I learned the hard way with one of my cats that you cant name your pet something you later want to name your child so these names are names I love but either are vetoed by my husband or sound too odd with our last name. So my top contenders are

1) Baron
2) JJ (after Jaromir Jagr...Go Rangers!)
3) Ranger (after the forementioned NY Rangers we love)
4) Sutton

This might change but so far those are the names I love. I kinda feel that the personality of the pup might effect what its name might be

Back