• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

tv

lily

lilys sitting here after her bath watching ice age.... do your babes watch tv?? ah bless ....... its so funny... & cute :lol:

Mine don't actually watch , but Teddy and particularly Joly, send off any black animals or people dressed in flowing dark clothing. We have a problem with the lot, if someone knocks on a tv door ans sometimes they will run to our phone if a tv one rings. My collie cross used to look behind the tv for the sheep on One Man and His Dog programmes.

India loves the muppets on tv and will watch them for as long as they're on. :lol: She seems very interested in their voices and movements.

Geordie listens for animal noises then barks at the tv if he sees dogs, horses, cows, or any wild animals! :lol: He also runs to the front door barking if he hears any knocking or doorbell ringing on tv. :roll: Oh, and another thing he does - if he hears anyone crying, screaming or if there is suspenseful music he seems to get upset.

Chocolate is a peaceful little soul. She just snuggles up on the sofa and sleeps when the tv is on. *ng*l :slp:

Tucker ignores the tv. Rarely if one barks he may stand up at the tv, but for the most part he looks at me like, I know they're not here, they're in the tv set. icon_whistling when I try to point one out to him.

Tucker reacts/responds to music. He loves sweet melodies. When I go out, I put the easy listening music station on the television to keep him company.

I wish I could get him interested in the Muppets

It's so funny....Bailey totally ignores the TV, but if there are other dogs on TV then Bentley will actually stop and watch the TV, and sometimes even sort of growl/bark at the TV! LOL!

lily said:
lilys sitting here after her bath watching ice age.... do your babes watch tv?? ah bless ....... its so funny... & cute :lol:

Zack watches TV, he looks just like a person, staring intently, seeming to be processing it in some way. He gets excited about some things, and runs up to the TV and stands on his hind legs and tries to sniff dogs on TV, such as dog food commercials. He watches all kinds of things, like quiet serious dialogues between two people in a drama show, or visual designs on various commercials and things. He definitely likes everything on animal planet. He has run outside in the backyard to see if he can find the way to get into the box that has the animals in it.

I've never seen a dog who pays attention to TV before, so i've been fascinated by this and love to hear about other dogs who do it.

Last night my daughter arrived with Belle her cavalier for a weekend visit and brought the DVD of Lady and the Tramp, wanting to show it to Zack. Belle has seemed to enjoy parts of Lady and the Tramp before. I hadn't seen it in so many years, it's just wonderful, i recommend it to all cavalier people since the Lady character seems modelled to some degree on a cavalier, more than any other breed i can thinki of. The animation is wonderful, i love the part when Lady is a puppy--adorable. They capture those puppy antics so well.

Zack truly loved the movie. Both Zack and Belle were concerned when Lady as a puppy was crying after being left to sleep alone on her first night, and Zack was concerned when Jim Dear got angry at Lady about something.

i once posted several photos of zack watching TV. He was watching a documentary on giant ants, and then something about salamanders, and then he was watching a dog agility competition. That got him up on his feet.

There are 3 or 4 of ours that watch tv somewhat regularily if there are dogs on. Unfortunately, any time a dog comes on they go berzerk! We literally have to crate them if we want to watch a dog show or anything related to dogs on Animal Planet. What's really funny to watch is our oldest girl Penny. She gets right up in front of the tv and when a dog she is really interested in runs off screen, she will look under or beside the tv to see where it went :lol:

The others will watch very briefly or not at all. The only thing that gets their attention is if a dog on tv starts doing a lot of barking.

Sam can look at ANYTHING on telly! He's passionated about billiards and goes totally crazy when there's another dog on. Animals in general seem to make him more agitated but dogs the most of all.
Here he is watching basketball:

KopievanIMG_1442.jpg

Ester wow, he is really intent on what he's watching. Does he cheer when they score? :w**h**:

Maxx watches tv all the time and if an animal comes on he will run behind tv looking for it :lol: When he realises the animal isn't there he will run round the garden snifffing a trail out to try and find it :lol:

He will also lie watching hubby's tropical fish swimming round in their tank :lol:

Charlie doesn't really bother but when Maxx has a wobbly about an animal on tv, he has to join in as well :lol:

Murphy barks like mad at animals on the tv, whether it's another dog or something like a lion, he thinks he's tough :lol:
He barked that much at Manny the Mammoth on Ice Age we switched channels so he would settle down :?
One of our cats, Tom also loves tv especially Top Gear for some reason, he will sit right in front of it, sometime reaching up to paw at it :rotfl:
He seems especially taken with Jeremy Clarkson icon_nwunsure

He doesn't cheer but get excited and moves his tail when my dad reacts, maybe in time he'll learn to associate the two and maybe he'll cheer :D
Do you know the program 'harry's practice'? It's his favorite show!

If I am watching a TV show with dogs in it, I must mute the sound or else all 4 dogs start barking and running around. I can't watch the You Tube videos on this webboard either for the same reason.

Jolly just noticed the TV in the last few weeks. Twice now he has taken to barking at the TV and I am not sure what he didn't like about the show. There weren't any animals on it. The last time I had my nails done, I took Jolly to the salon. My appointment is an hour before the salon opens, so I usually take one of the dogs with me. Well Jolly decided he didnt' like the fighting fish in the fish bowl and started barking at that. It was also getting close to opening time, so my nail technician had to put a towel over the fish bowl and finally Jolly stopped barking. We both thought it was very funny. What a tough guy. :lol:

Shes lying here now chewing her toys & watching football... at least he didnt get the fish charleen.... :grnyuk: Brought my guinea pig in the house for the winter & lily sleeps right next to him & shes brought him out of himself as he was nervous & shy. Sometimes if hes eating she bark at him to share.... they get nose to nose sometimes,,,, so funny cav's arent they.... :lol: :D

Often when Toby is at mine he will sit on the sofa and watch TV. Especially if there is a lot of movement and bright colours. Although he will also watch Eastenders and Coronation Street.

Willow defintely watches TV - she'll watch for a while, do some head tilting, and usually go back to whatever she was doing, unless it really interests her, but sometimes she'll watch for quite a while - she seems to like a lot of movement. But anything that makes a "whoosh" sort of noise freaks her out - like airplanes, certain music, etc.

And she totally thinks the doorbells on TV are our doorbell!

Krista

Back