• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

anal gland abscess

renate

my poor little frida seems to be the one who gets it all......
I had to take her to the vet first thing yesterday morning becuase of a large abscess in the right side anal gland.
thursday when i lifted her from the car (with a hand under her bottom) she made a small whimper. which is her gentle way of telling me: 'please don't touch me there, this is a problem for me'. i felt for enlarged glands, but found nothing, so i thought it was due to her problem of not having her right side femoral head.

yesterday morning she came to the bathroom while i was showering. i knew right away that something must be really wrong then. looking at her properly i could see the pain in her eyes, they were completely black, big, enlarged pupils, poor thing. i quickly found the abscess, the size of a pigeon's egg.

the op. went well, i picked her up yesterday afternoon, fit as a fiddle. today we roamed throught the fields, frida running at full speed.

we were supposed to go to germany today, but i'd rather let her rest a day after the anaestetic and take the long (6-7 hours) trip tomorrow.

i am so pleased that my little darling is well again!

Hi renate

I hope frida continues improving it must have been horrible for her ,my girls and us humans send lots of get better soon wishes and hugs.

Aww Frida, you poor little poppet - what a horrible thing to get.
I am glad it's all gone now and hopefully you can go on your hols soon :hug::lotsaluv:

Poor little babe, glad the op has made her feel so much better its amazing how quickly they bounce back!:flwr:

Hi Renate,

Having been through this with Leo twice Im glad your little one appears to be getting over it so quickly

Mel:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Hi Renate

Sorry to hear about Frida's problem, been through it with Bella and its horrible. :eek: Hope she makes a swift recovery
love Christine and Bella:lotsaluv:

Renate im sorry to hear poor Frida has gone thro this,i hope she continues to improve,brave soul that she is:)

Back