• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Back at square one ... puppy update!

You are going out to meet them in 2 weeks correct?

In the mean time just relax and ask the breeder to send more photos of the puppies you have to choose from....you'll need them for your new puppy's baby book!

I'm partial to boys, so I say GO BOY! icon_whistling ;) :fool: :wggle:

And, judging from the picture, there's no doubt whichever one you pick will be unsufferably CUTE!

Bronte said:
You are going out to meet them in 2 weeks correct?

In the mean time just relax and ask the breeder to send more photos of the puppies you have to choose from....you'll need them for your new puppy's baby book!

We're going on Easter .... YIPPEEEEE!!!!!!!

BarbMazz said:
I'm partial to boys, so I say GO BOY! icon_whistling ;) :fool: :wggle:

And, judging from the picture, there's no doubt whichever one you pick will be unsufferably CUTE!

I agree - there's NO way we can go wrong with all that cuteness. I can't wait to cuddle with them. ;)

BTW...I am in love with the little guy with his two paws next to each other up on the crate (second in from the left).

HE GETS MY VOTE!!!

Barb B said:
By the way, pick the puppy you like and who likes you. That's what my owners did, and they think I'm the pick of the litter
[/u]
Oh you GO GIRL Star!! I am behind you!! By the way Kodee picked us too and I agree, the puppy knows who makes them feel secure and special. Its a bond from the start. Kodee couldnt be anymore affectionate so it cant always be just the boys who fall in love with their owners. If you saw this girl lay on her back staring adoringly into my eyes giving kisses while watching a movie, you might think whoa less lovin girl! I think the key is not boy/girl but having that special something between you - its the mix of all the personalities involved. GIRL POWER!

Bronte said:
BTW...I am in love with the little guy with his two paws next to each other up on the crate (second in from the left).

HE GETS MY VOTE!!!

OMG, he's the one that's totally stolen my heart, too!!!!! You can't see it in this pic, but he has an adorable little freckle under his nose ... this one shows it better.

Madison_babies_at_6_wks-1.jpg

I love the face on the one to his right, too -- he looks like he is plotting to chew something he shouldn't! :lol:

Julie, if you don't get him I will! ;) :lol:

The one to his right is perfect too...is nose is so black!

How old are they in that picture again?

Karlin said:
I love the face on the one to his right, too -- he looks like he is plotting to chew something he shouldn't! :lol:

He looks mad! Cute mad, but mad none the less. :badgrin:

6 weeks in the pics above. Eeeeee!!!! 8 weeks now. The boys we can pick from are (from l to r): #1,2,3 and 5. She's keeping the other two girls.

Personally, I love the HELLION personalities, but if that worries you, then perhaps you'd be better off with one of the quieter ones.

I've always found the girls (of all the breeds I've had) to be more feisty than the boys. At one stage our household was very X chromosome dominant, and wow did the fur fly occasionally. Now that it is more Y chromosome dominant, peace reins, but I do kind of miss those...errr... interesting moments somewhat. :badgrin:

I posted earlier on the other board but I wanted to say it looks like you are leaning toward getting the little boy now which I think is wonderful Other posters did make good points about a pup being different once they are away from the littermates though I think in the end the pup you fall in love with should be the one you go for

With that said #3 has stolen my heart and if you dont take him I will! ;)

Bronte: You picked some cuties. PURELY based on looks, I'm in love with #3 and 5.

Caraline: Thanks for the opinion. You're right - having a dominant pup isn't really what we're looking for, at least for our first pup.

Jasmine: I'm with you - I think boy #3 is precious!

If no 5 is the little tiny one trying to push through to the front, he'd (assuming it's a he) be my choice.

..although I have to agree with Star and Kodee (er, forgotten the name of Kodee's owner :shock: ) -girls are fiesty, fun, cuddly and with just enough independence to let you get something useful done. I agree with whoever said that it's personality rather than gender. My two have VERY different personalities.

But I do like the convenience of girls. Once the spay is over it's great. I've never had problems with marking or anything of that kind from either of mine, and I know it's pretty much a persistent training issue with boys. And then having to clean up after they've widdled on themselves... nah, I'm a girl girl :lol: .

My family and I wanted a girl for our second cavalier - we were heart set on it. My daughter finally wanted to pick out 'cute' collars! ;)
However, when I went to look at the puppies, I kept on picking up the boys. With colin we never had any marking issues or lifting up his leg - he was neutered at 6 months - thank goodness and he is super easy to keep clean.

We LOVE our new little boy and I'm so happy we picked him. I think you totally have to go on the personality that will suit you and your family the best rather than choosing based on sex.

Good luck! The puppies you have to choose from are all beautiful!!

Sorry I haven't even commented on these little darlings, OMG they are all adorable. :flwr: :flwr:

I do agree the pup will pick you, but I do love how nbr 3 & 5 look. :l*v:

It is so exciting, you will know which pup is for you, we have never had any problems with either of our boys.

Dudley has only marked about 4 times and it is never in our house, just a dominance thing. ;) ;) ;)

Darby has never marked. :D :D

We went thru this too. When we got Indy, we wanted a boy, picked out a boy name, but the boy fell thru and we got a girl instead. Same thing this time, we were set on a little girl, picked a girl name, but when we went to the breeders there were two who we liked (a girl and a boy) and we ended up flipping a coin to decide and ended up with Charlie! The girl had the CUUUUTEST face though, all white with only black on the ears! As much as I loved her, the breeder said a lot of people were favoring her, so we thought we would leave her for someone else who would love her too!

Good luck on the decision! They're all adorable! :l*v:

I know this is your first pup but if it was me, I'd want the Hellion!!

I like high spirited doggies, rascally but loads of laughter from their mischief! :)

Back