• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Broken pelvis and hip...

I'm only catching up on this now. Poor Andy. I'm so glad he is home and on the road to recovery, what a relief. He's got such a cute little face :luv:
:hug: from me and Rexy

I just read the whole thread, and I'm very glad that Andy is home with you with the best outcome possible.
My best wishes for a speedy recovery.

poor baby!
I am so glad that he is home with you.
he must be so happy to be with his Mommy.
I look forward to witness Andy to his recovery!

Andy...

So, Andy is home for two days now,he is doing quite well, and I must say that I am really proud of him! He is such a brave boy,you can see it's hurting him, but he's happy anyway and enjoying to be home. He's standing up and did few steps already:) He dosn't eat very much, but he was always picky eater, so I hope it's just that. And he still didn't do the poo at home, but the vet thinks it's alright, that we should give him more time. The scar seems to be healing nicely, he dosn't have a feever, only thing that wories me now is the bladder, I'm not entirely sure if he really controls it, because he pees when he's asleep... And he's really ashamed afterwards... But he's home with his mum and that's the main thing;) The pictures next time, I promise!

I can't believe I am just seeing this thread now. Poor little Andy - my heart was breaking and I was tearing up reading this thread - my biggest fear is something like that happening to Bella. I am SOO glad to hear Andy is doing better - he is such a sweet looking little guy. Keep us posted with some happy pics of him to cheer us up!

Ahh, poor little fella, he's been through a lot and it sounds like he is being so brave, it must be a relief to have him home again. Wishing Andy a very speedy recovery, I hope you see improvements in him each day. :flwr::flwr:

Andy...

Andy is sleeping on my belly now so I have some time to write:) He's trying very hard to stand up and walk, but I'm trying to keep him calm. But because he needs some entertaiment, we watched telly today, there were some horses and I couldn't stop him growling and barking for 10 minutes:p I was working all day yesterday and Roman was looking after Andy and my boy didn't sleep for one minute, but the moment he put his head on my lap when I came home he fell asleep... And he is snoring REALLY loudly now:p Still no poo, but I've seen him pushing hard, so I hope, it will come soon...
Here are some pictures...
Feeling VERY SORY for himself... You can see how big the scar is...
DSC07438-1.jpg

And this is today, he feels and looks better...
DSC07439.jpg

Thanks again to all of you...

Last edited:
Oh Gosh, the poor boy really looks like he's been in the wars!
When do you go back for checkups and getting stitches out?
Sins

Oh sweet boy!! I'm so glad he's able to relax and snooze when his momma is home with him. And praying he has a complete recovery.

He looks so sweet in his photos! :lotsaluv:
Did the vet mention giving him a fish oil caplet daily to help soften his poo? Also drinking water, and some canned food mixed in with dry should help.

Dear little Andy, he does look as though he's starting to feel better now doesn't he? Glad he is on the mend now.Those cuddles from mum will help of course :).

Just saw the thread and I'm so glad to hear Andy is on the road to recovery. He is the sweetest looking boy! I hope he has a speedy and complete recovery. This must be so hard on you; I can't even imagine.

Oh my, poor fella. he is very sweet looking. I imagine I know just how you feel when you come to cuddle him, it's hard to know where isn't sore. Bless him. he's a brave little thing. :hug: :hug:

Back