• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Coco not well

sallymum

Brought Coco to vet this morning acting weird all weekend but worst this morning like he is drunk. Bad news they have kept him in think he might have epelepsy, or possible a bleed on the brain. I have to call back later, hopefully he will be ok . I am sitting here in shock.

oh that is terrible if u need anything give me a call!!! i will be away from the computer for rest of the day so i will give u a call later!

Poor Coco :(. I really hope he is OK :xfngr:.

Tiki had epilepsy so I know it can be very traumatic. Let us know as soon as you hear anything :flwr:

Just got a call from vet not looking good. Coco has suffered some sort of fit, it seems he has a mass in his head by the size they say its probly been there awhile, vet says that is most likely why he was dumped in first place. He says i might have some decisions to make as he say the size pushing on brain is not looking good. Not sure if coco is going to come round and if so he said he could be left brain damaged maybe blind.
I feel bad that i noticed nothing till this weekend but he acted normal the only thing was he has always been very quiet but then so is Sally, and sometimes he wouldnt eat but then next time he would. I also got him checked when i got him out of pound and they said he was fine.
I hope i dont have to make any decisions but then Coco comes first. I only hope i make the right one. Am going to vet this evening to see him.

Sending you our love at this very difficult time. I pray that Coco has no pain & a full recovery and that whatever you choose, you can find peace in the decision.

Oh, no. it's not fair.

Don't blame yourself for not noticing any differences, as there may not have been any. What you describe is perfectly normal behaviour for some dogs. Izzy was quiet and picky over food well before he was ever ill. If your vet thought that Coco was fine, how could you expect otherwise ?

Oh no...just saw the post.I'm so sorry. Let us know how he is getting on. You have don everything right for this little man.

Oh no, I am so, so sorry. :( You couldn't possibly have been expected to know. Hope he'll be OK but make the best decision for him and for you. :flwr: If it is his time, you will know you gave him love, care and happiness.

He actually wasn't a surrender, he was picked up a stray (he had to stay in 5 days as a stray), so he definitely was not abandoned because anyone knew of this problem.

I'm so sorry to hear about Coco. My prayers and hopes are with you and Coco. I know you'll make the right decision for Coco. It sounds like you've given him a lot of love and care--don't blame yourself for not seeing any signs. Sometimes they're just not there...

Take care--:flwr:

Just got in and found this thread! OMG :yikes: I can only imagine how you must be feeling right now. Will be watching this thread now for news on Coco, we are all thinking of you here and rooting for Coco :lotsaluv: also a Mega Huge :hug: for you too. I hope that you do NOT have to make any decisions for him :flwr:

Thinking of you.................

Our thoughts are with you and Coco at this time. Sometimes life can be so hard, :xfngr: you dont have to make any decisions but am sure you'll do whats right for Coco. take care x

so sorry about coco!! It's not ur fault that u didn't notice anything til now!!!

Thinking of u if u need anything just give me a call!:flwr:

:( I'm so sorry to hear about Coco. Keeping you and Coco in our thoughts and prayers. Sending you positive thoughts and big :hug: :hug:

Back