• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Curious? - How did you choose your girl/boys name??

indy is actually indiana jones. in the films, it comes out that indiana's real name is Henry Jones Jr., but he calls himself Indiana after his favorite childhood dog.

Dogs:

Jaspar I spent the longest thinking about, as I knew so far in advance that I was getting him. I wanted an old English name that wasn't too common and liked the old spelling. I spent a few weeks thinking about the right name.

Leo: Jaspar's half-brother and born 5 weeks earlier -- I actually saw him when I went to pick out Jaspar as the breeder brought him in so I could see their size at 8 weeks. Isn't that odd? 10 months later I owned him. His name was Gizmo (the breeder's daughter named him that and it is his kennel name) which I didn't think suited him at all. I wanted a name with a similar sound because at the time I thought it would be easier for a dog to learn -- now I know better! :lol: They learn any new name very fast. Leo suits him perfectly though, and I always liked the name.

Lily was also just a name I liked for a dog. :) She came from the pound, needed a name while I 'rehomed' her. I've never seen a dog try so hard to not be rehomed though -- you could just see her trying so hard to remember to do the right things she was now expected to do. Plus she immediately just adored Leo, and looks after him, and I'll do about anything for Leo. So she stayed.

Lucy was named by my parents; my dad liked the name.

Cats:

Pippa and Jessie: these two sisters came to me at around 6 months of age; very raggedy little rescue cats. Pippa already had the name and it suited her. Jessie was 'Marmalade' but I liked Jessie for her -- she's always been an impish tomboy.

Ambrose was named for Ambrose Bierce, the wickedly funny 19th century journalist/writer who wrote the Devil's Dictionary.

Quincy was named for Quincy Jones, after I had started naming all my rescue cats that I was rehoming myself for jazz artists. I always give litters jazz names. Quincy came from another rescue person and needed an indoor only home as he only has three legs. I took him immediately as all my cats are indoor cats, even though the LAST thing I needed was another cat! But he is just the best -- what a character. EVERYONE likes Quincy! He just looked like a Quincy. Though he's so big, he maybe should have been Jelly Roll. :lol:

I have a whole bunch of good jazz names saved for future cats...:cool:

We named Merlin after meeting the Merlin that stole Joel's heart enough to let me have a cavalier. Merlin is affectionately known as Mergits or Mr Tops

Whe it came to Oakley, the only other wizard name was Gandalf - and I wasn't about to start shouting that in the woods!..

I liked Bentley and wanted something that was different to the sound of Merlin, Joel wanted something unusual for a dog so we ended up with Oakley - so he is named after designer sunglasses! He is known as oakey pokey or doctor oakley as he likes to make sure everyone's bits are all there!

Had I known what they boys would have tunred out like I would have called them Dastardley and Mutley!

Back