• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dog Buggy

sallymum

Bonnie the old cavalier i took in in Feb as i mentioned before has a bad heart murmer prob grade 5. With meds she is doing fine not getting any worst at the moment anyway.
The only prob i have is that bonnie loves walks which she cant really do, but we bring her on several short walks a day, well really there only toilet breaks but it gets her out of the house. The thing is my others go on at least 1 long walk aday and she does cry when we leave her. I was thinking what with the weather been really nice at the moment its not nice to leave her on her on her own but would be very cruel to bring her, i was thinking what about a dog buggy for her. At least she could come on some, not all walks. Has anyone used one of these? Are they a good idea or not?

my dog has a childs pushchair , he loves it .
He gets out to say hello to girls then asks to be back in ,lol

we got one last year - as a just in case; so that my wife would be able to take one of ours to the vets in case of emergency.

However, our 'G' (Guinness) who also has a grade 5 murmer is now using it.
We tried it the first time a couple of weeks ago, at a car boot sale. When he got too tired - starts to wobble - we put him in it. He sat proud as can be looking out, I had Willow with me - and was still able to push 'G' no problem -one handed. Shirl had Bailey. We needed to zip up the whole of the top or he tries to get out.

I think that Shirl bought ours off someone on ebay - and it was about £15

I tell you that he caused quite a stir. I was hoping that someone would make a silly comment - as I was ready to have a go back!!!! Well, it seems OK to push your granny in a wheel chair - or have one of these little motorised chairs for humans who are not so good on their feet - so it's just as good for my pensioner too (12 years and holding)

Guinness has kindly given his permission to pose in his chariot!
IMGP4394.jpg

IMGP4395.jpg

we got one last year - as a just in case; so that my wife would be able to take one of ours to the vets in case of emergency.

Thats the reason I got mine for SiânE, for trips to the vets. I need one now as she too heavy to carry on and off buses and if she had a hypo I needed one to lay her down in.

This one has a lead in it so she can't jump out

Thanks for sharing ur pics they are lovely also thanks for the links.:flwr: The only bugys i have seen are in petshops and cost a fortune. Going to have a look around today and see if i can get a good 2nd hand kids buggy, do u think that would be ok.

Aww!!! Those are the most delightful pics :luv:
My two reach their golden years, I'm going to buy them a buggy for sure.

Sallymum, I saw a red buggy in PETSTOP today but I forgot to ask the price. It looked really good though!

I got one for my guy when he hurt his leg. It was a child's stroller free from craigslist. He doesn't try to jump out, so no problems. I still take him to the farmer's market in it so I can put my goods in the bottom! He also isn't a fan of walking there after a dog went after him, so he's happy for the ride.

Back