• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Drooling - a lot!

:hug:to you and Bluebell and of course :hug: for Lottie.
You are in my thoughts and I really hope you have some good news in the morning.
Its horrible when you have to leave them at the vets.
Is there a 24hour nurse keeping an eye on things at your vets?

Emma, thinking of you and your girls. Hope Bluebell does well tonight and gets well soon.

:hug:

Just catching up with this now, poor Bluebell, poor you. Hopefully you will be getting good news from the vet very soon :xfngr:

Only seeing this now. Sending hugs to you Emma and praying hard that Bluebell has come through the night ok. :hug::hug:

I have only just read this. Thank goodness you acted so quickly getting her to the vet.
I do hope she is much better this morning

Hello everyone - thank you so much for the kind messages, it is so nice to be able to talk on here.

Well, Bluebell is home. The vet called this morning and said that she was ok overnight and hasn't been sick again. He wanted to see how she would get on being at home, she wouldn't eat at the vet but the vet said it could just be because shes in a strange place. They have given her antibiotics and i have some to give her for the next 3 days.

She sure was pleased to see me, i bent down to her and she stretched up and put a paw on each shoulder and kissed me lots! I have since given her a bath (she's going to need another one tomorrow as i can still smell it on her) but i thought she would like to be fresher, she has also eaten some scrambled eggs and some cooked chicken. She has slept since she got back, looks a little sorry for herself but i think she is ok. Hopefully she will stop eating things from the garden.

The only thing i was concerned with was that when i had her in the bath, i noticed that the side she had the drip in was very very swollen. As in, her leg and shoulder and chest was 3 times in the size of her other leg. I called up the vets and said to them that i had just noticed it and she said that its probably just where the drip was in, and the water has gone under the skin, she said it should go back into the body. So i'll keep an eye on that.

Thats great news...:wggle:
Glad she's feeling a little better at least she's eating now....always a good sign.

Mel

So relieved to hear that she did so well during the night, no more episodes and is back home to fully recuperate. I wouldn't be overly concerned about the swelling. I used to have to give my cat subq fluids and she'd swell up like crazy but it would subside.

Oh thank God she's home! I was almost late for my physio appointment because I kept checking on here to see if you'd posted. Give your precious scoundrel a kiss on the noggin from me :hug:

fantastic news shes home.she gave everyone quite a scare there.
did the vet have any idea of the probable cause.
if not id be checking round the garden to see if there are any plants that have been disturbed.

Hi Emma

So glad Bluebell is OK ,and probaly thanks to your quick actions ,also what a lovely name for her.:)

So glad Bluebell is OK - top marks for a quick reaction! There was a dreadful report on the front page of Dog World a few weeks ago of a Cavalier puppy who came in from the garden foaming at the mouth and wobbly on its legs. Any experienced dog owner would immediately suspect poison (slug pellets, plants, frog or whatever), but these were unexperienced owners, uncle went on the internet and found a site (goodness knows where) that said these were symptoms of SM, their stupid vet believed it - without checking - and at their request put the puppy to sleep. Your vet really seems to have come up trumps with good treatment and good nursing care - well done all round, and I hope Bluebell gets over it quickly.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back