• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Gaynor toby and bella

gaynor

:( Hi my name is gaynor we come from stoke on trent , i have 2 cavs x breeding dogs toby dry eye , mvd, chronic pancreatitus . bella is x breeding bitch she is so scared even thou we have had her for 12 months, toby does not bark what do they do to the breeding dogs, could i ask for help my toby keeps getting pancreatitus he is on a low fat diet i dont know what eles to try please help .:sl*p:

Hi Gaynor, welcome to the forum. Puppy farmers won't waste money on health testing before they breed, and the owners have to deal with the resulting mess. And their breeding dogs and bitches are kept in isolation, with little contact with the outside world and no mental stimulation. They need a lot of love and patience to catch up, and I'm sure Bella and Toby get lots of that from you.

Ask your vet to contact Penny Watson at Cambridge Veterinary School for advice about Toby's recurring pancreatitis - she's Senior Lecturer in Small Animal Medicine and the leading UK researcher on pancreatitis. At the moment she's on 3 months' research leave, so you may have to wait until she's back at work (not sure how long that will be, probably only a few weeks), your vet can phone and find out. It might be worth going over to Cambridge to see her, but inter-vet advice may help initially.

Kate

Hi Gaynor,
Welcome to the site. You will find lots of helpful information on here & if in doubt just ask and someone will help you or can offer advice :)
Its such a shame you little babies had such a horrid start but I am sure with a lot of love & patience, they will soon come round.

Please feel free to chat to me, anytime xx

Victoria & Barn

Back