• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello Everyone, I'm Traci =) (aka draagonfly)

draagonfly

I'm a huge dog fan that has to get her "fix" by dog sitting instead of adopting for now. I have other animals - 3 chinchillas and 1 iguana - and I've had a veritable zoo over the years, but I haven't convinced my landlady to let me add a dog yet (she's going to crack tho, I know it!).

I fell in love with Cavalier King Charles Spaniels when I helped another dog sitter friend of mine with an estate sale where two of the owners each had a CKCS. They are such beautiful dogs and so loving! I read up on the traits, the medical issues, and the history and find that this is the breed for me. Labs are my second favorite because of their personality, but I'm a firm believer that big dogs need a yard and that's something I can't offer yet. I also adore mutts in general (and I think they're much healthier than purebreeds), but the CKCS are just so pretty I can't get them out of my head!

I work from home doing graphic design and administrative things on the web (I don't dog sit for the money - I do it because I love dogs!), so I have lots of time to spend with them. I worry that someday I may have to go back to an office job, but I'm hoping since I live in San Diego that if that happened, I could find a very casual company that allows dogs at work, or that will allow telecommuting at least part time. I know they're out there!

Or maybe I'll find my rich Prince Charming in the meantime... you never know! LOL

I would definitely go with adoption of an adult dog. I've done lots of rescues with exotic animals (most of my zoo have been rescues) but what they've taught me is that "exotic" animals truly belong in the wild, no matter how much we think we're "helping." Dogs and cats have been domesticated for so long they seem to be the exception. (Or at least, the ones that are so happy with their owners that they don't bolt the minute the door is open - those are the dogs/cats that I think are truly okay living with people instead of being feral.)

Puppies are adorable, but I'd like to offer a home to a dog that might be hard to place because of age. There's definitely something to be said for the already-potty-trained!

I figured I'd start here and meet some people and keep learning about the breed. That way when I finally get my landlady to change her mind, I'll be skilled and ready to find the perfect match. :)

It's nice to meet everyone! Don't be shy!

Traci

icon_welcome to Cavaliertalk. You've found a great place full of like-minded dog lovers. Tis nice to see you here Traci. Good Luck with your landlord and finding a doggy.

Back