• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from Morgan

4Morgan

Hello everyone,
We have an 18 mth old Blenheim called Morgan who we bought from a reputable breeder in Melbourne. At about 13 mth of age she had a convulsion, followed by more milder episodes characterized by obsessive walking in circles and a loss of appetite and joy for life.
To cut a long story short, we had an MRI scan done at Melbourne Veterinary Services and found that the poor thing was suffering from acute hydrocephalus. The neurosurgeon had never seen such an extreme case; she was functioning on about 15% of the usual brain volume, the rest of the brain had been destroyed by huge vesicles of fluid. This had been caused by a Chiari-like malformation, we found.
Fortunately no spinal chord SM had occurred and we had a brain shunt put in in March.
She made a slow recovery, with a bout of acute brain inflammation that almost killed her. She has made a good recovery since then, thank God! A truly amazing and brave little dog that we are extremely attached to. I will upload some photos soon.
Cheers all

It breaks my heart to read your story and my heart goes out to you and little Morgan. She has been through an awful lot in her young life. Morgan is very lucky to have you as her owner.
And icon_welcometo the Forum. You will find everybody very helpful and caring here. Hope to see some pictures.

Hi

What a hard story to read and what an awful start to her life for poor Morgan,, but so happy that you looked after her so well and thankfully she is now getting better and fingers crossed on the road to a full recovery, and as you say what a brave little fighter she is .Our thanks and best wishes for the future that you two so deserve go out to you both.cl*p

So glad to read that at last Morgan is doing better! You have been amazing people to do so much for your loved one and I hope that the future is bright for all of you.

Heather R

Hi and Welcome to the forum,

Melbourne, Australia right? I am in Perth :)

I am so glad your little Morgan is on the mend - cannot wait to see pics!

And icon_welcometo the Forum. Hope to see some pictures.

Hello Sabby and the others who have replied to my introductory post. I have linked to Facebook and I hope that makes you all able to look at my photos of Morgan and other things. Please tell me if you have any trouble.

We got a scare on Thursday. M had had her anti seizure meds cut down (phenylbarbitone) and when I came home she was unhappy and drooling heavily. We went back to the Neurosurgeon yesterday, who said it was probably not epilepsy related, and could be the result of eating something off the floor :confused:. They gave her a series of the usual tests and couldn't believe the improvement in her. He said even her blink reflex had improved (did not expect this to get better) and she was brighter than he could have expected. So much so that she is taking advantage of the fact that she has been so sick and now thinks she can get away with anything!! :lol:

We go back for a post-op MRI scan in early June; Ill see if I can get hold of some of the scans as picture files so I can post them. I have been all over the web looking at MRI scans of dogs, but I've never seen anything like our Morgan. I may not be lucky, though because the neurosurgeon wants to submit a paper on Miss M. I hope he does soon and publishes those pictures on the public domain.

Thank God for small miracles!

Hi there, and welcomr to the forum, what a time of it you all have had, i can't even begin to imagine how hard it must've been for you, your family and wee Mogan,

So glad to hear she's doing better, hopefully she'l continue to do well, she sounds a rite wee fighter:l*v:(y)

Hi and welcome to the forum. I am so sorry you have had such a bad start with
Morgan. Poor you and poor Morgan, sending you lots of best wishes icon_welcome:hug:

Welcome and so sorry you have had such a hard time so far with Morgan! What a brave and strong little dog! I know we will all look forward to pictures of her and fingers crossed she continues to do well. :)

Hello and icon_welcome
Your poor little Morgan is a brave dog and you are her brave person! We look forward to hearing more from you and to seeing some pictures too.

New album started.

I have just started a new album on this site showing Morgan. So far I have limited it to four pictures on account of them being large-ish files. I will reduce them down in size soon and post more.

Thanks for all the replies and kind words, guys. Your Cavaliers look beautiful! cl*p

Wow....Morgan sounds like such a strong little girl!! I'm so glad she ended up with you, a home that will give her the medical attention she needs. Hoping she continues to improve and leads a long life with you. What a little miracle girl she is!

Sorry guys, bad news.

Sorry to tell you all, after all the best wishes and support that you sent, that Morgan died on 9th June in hospital where she went following a string of epileptic fits the previous Friday.

Thanks for your support. Give all your Cavvies a hug and X for us.
Anne and Stuart
xx

Sorry to tell you all, after all the best wishes and support that you sent, that Morgan died on 9th June in hospital where she went following a string of epileptic fits the previous Friday.

Thanks for your support. Give all your Cavvies a hug and X for us.
Anne and Stuart
xx

Dear Anne and Stuart.

I had missed this thread and so had just read about your incredible little dog and her wonderful, caring, owners.

I am so sorry that all the efforts to give her quality of life did not succeed. She, and you, deserved a better outcome.

I will go and hug my two old cavalier boys.

RIP Morgan

Oh goodness no, that's just awful :(:(

I'm so very sorry - after everything you've been through to suffer such a tragic loss at this young age. You must feel cheated - it seems so very unfair.

Poor Morgan - she was blessed though to have such wonderful people who truly loved her and did everything possible for her.

This dreadful raw pain does ease in time - and you remember the happy days and the love and joy you shared. I think you always carry a sadness that they are no longer with you - but that is because we love them so very much.

Thinking of you at this sad time - please stay with us and visit when you feel able to.

You probably won't want to think about this right now but please tell Morgan's breeder what has happened as it may affect their breeding plans.

I feel so sad for you and Morgan, everyhting you have gone through it is heartbreaking.
I am so sorry :hug:

Sending hugs your way! I'm so sorry that Morgan has left you. I will give my Abigail an extra hug and I wish you peace.

Heather R

i am so sorry . ive only just read your story and was about to wish u good luck for the future then saw the ending . my thoughts are with you x

Back