• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

HELP! Is now the right time to get another Cavalier???

I have 5 Cavaliers. 2 girls and 3 boys. None of my males are neutered either. My females are spayed. They are 6 years, 3 years, 2 years, 7 months, and 3 months old. They are all best friends and sleep in a dog pile on the couch. But all still look to people to cuddle with after they are done entertaining each other. I don't see anything wrong with you getting another one. If you can handle the potty training then i'd say go for it. If you let this sweet baby go to another family i think you'll regret it. He is most likely on your mind all the time right now and he will still be on you mind if he winds up with another family. You'll always wonder how life would have been if he was in your life. So again i'd say go for it. You'll be happy you did. I always tell people "Cavaliers are like chocolate. You can never have just one." They are truely addicting. :)

My first cavalier was Pippin, a ruby, and when he was 10 months old he was already housebroken and the best dog ever. I decided to get another cavalier. I spoke to the breeder and decided to get a B&T female who was Pip's half-sister.

It was a great decision. They are best pals and for the first year played non-stop. IT was great fun to watch them play together. Now that they are older, they still sleep together, but Merry has outgrown playing. She likes to cuddle. Pippin now plays with Jolly, my tri.

Here is a picture from last summer of Pippin and Merry.
537825726_ce4e9067be_o.jpg

Back