• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Kennel Problem

I was just asking phil there if you got Rex back as for some reason I couldn't log into this.

So glad he's back Chelle, hoope he's less stressed about the whole thing than you are.

I hope they didn't make you pay??

Thanks Sonia, he's here not a bother on him lapping up the attention if only he knew all that went on lol

No I didn't have to pay - there was no mention at all of payment, just that if we ever use them again there'd be a discount and a free groom.

I have to say I was dreading him calling - after the phonecalls I was nervous of being here alone (Thanks Phil for calling!!) But he arrived and was extremely apologetic and no raised voices at all. I'm just delighted my baby is back :)

Sorry I missed this. I was away all day yesterday. Otherwise, I'd have offered to go and collect Rex for you. Glad he's back now :hug:

What a relief - I was thinking about him last night and this morning and how worried you must have been. That place have some nerve - I think they should be reported as that was just totally unacceptable!
Anyway, at least you have him back and you can tuck him up in his own bed tonight!

Thanks Sonia, he's here not a bother on him lapping up the attention if only he knew all that went on lol

No I didn't have to pay - there was no mention at all of payment, just that if we ever use them again there'd be a discount and a free groom.

I have to say I was dreading him calling - after the phonecalls I was nervous of being here alone (Thanks Phil for calling!!) But he arrived and was extremely apologetic and no raised voices at all. I'm just delighted my baby is back :)

I know Phil was quite worried about you earlier! She told me that she saw yer man round the corner as she was leaving but her phone was dead so she couldn't ring you to make sure you were ok!

I'm so relieved for you that yer man wasn't a total sh!t when he finaly arrived with Rex.

I saw that croud at that dogs day out thing at the RDS a few months ago & they gave me a flyer about their service, I wasn't sure about them as (I know this is gonna sound bad & I'm not rasist) all the people there that day were foreign (maybe they were there just to give out the flyers?) - Phil told me that the owner is Irish though so that made me feel better about them!

Give Rexy a big hug from all his Aunties on here!!! (not that you won't have done that already!!)

Oh I'm so glad to hear he's back! I was really worried about the situation and about him, and had to spend the past few hours in meetings so only just found out he's safe home now. Please give him a big :hug: from me! I'm sure he's thrilled to be back with his people! :lotsaluv:

Well, I am foreign in origin too, but that hasn't stopped anyone from applying for my rescue cavaliers! (y) And like a lot of people that come from outside Ireland originally, we still consider ourselves (and many of us actually, legally, are) Irish. :)

I'd be seriously concerned if they actually have 80 dogs there -- and that actually makes me suspicious about the pick up and deliver service -- has anyone actually visited their facility? Also it isn't at all acceptable to keep a dog an extra three days or to yell at a justifiably angry client.

I'm just glad he is back but I'd be filing a complaint.

I knew that was gonna sound bad - I'm a foreigner in Ireland too (being English) & I have nothing against people from other countries at all, what went through my head at the time was that it seemed like a money making excersise rather than kennels as the majority of kennels (that I am aware of) are family run ventures rather than the larger more commercial kennels that I worked in in the UK.

:oops:Sorry if I caused any offence there as I really didn't mean to at allicon_blshing

I am picking up this thread a bit late but thankfully all turned out okay. As I read I was getting fearful that something just awful had happened and they were stalling. I would NEVER EVER use them again though, free or otherwise. That experience would have put me over the edge! Thank the Lord everything is okay!

I completely missed this thread. I can't believe what that guy did to you and poor Rex :eek:. You should definitely highlight this issue in your local press so that other people don't leave their precious babies with this incompetent man.

I'm so glad you got Rex back safely and there was a happy ending :rah:

on reading all this,i have made the right decision to only have a small amount of kennels,these places get to BIG and greedy in my books.They hire incompatant staff who have no idea of dogs and really dont care about the owner or their dog.MMMmmm food for thought.

I agree with you Justine - smaller kennels are better the dog is more than just a number, and is treated like one of your own. I think because of all the publicity they have received they have become extremely busy and taken all the bookings instead of saying - No we cant take anymore we're fully booked up.

I'm just glad he's home where he belongs now. I took the remainder of yesterday off work and we had lots of Rexy hugs :luv:

I have taken this all on board.Thats why we built small,so i dont make the same mistakes.I can hopefully offer a more personnall service.Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Back