• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New Here. Please Help!

My guys are 3 and 4 years old...and still do the puppy zoomies! I love it. They totally crack me up. Jake will all of a sudden start sprinting through the house, with Shelby hot on his tail. And then go crash on the couch. I love to watch it.

Beware! Zoomies are very contagious. Other breeds of dogs are likely to contract them if kept in close proximity to a Cavalier. Almost daily the girls come flying in the house in Zoomie mode and are joined by Rudy. Let me tell you, a 78 pound English Bulldog with Zoomies is not, I repeat, not a good thing. :yikes I'm waiting for the day when my coffee table goes crashing through the front window. Rudy doesn't seem to realize that he is not a small as the girls and scrambles under the table in hot pursuit of one or all of them. They all get a toy and run through the house growling, barking and shaking their "prey." It never stops being entertaining but you do grow to expect it rather than being surprised. Enjoy Bailey's Zoomies! We humans would all be better off if WE could get a daily case of them! :D

JaneB

LOL!! I love the Zoomies. Mine do it especially after a bath then roll all over ever piece of furniture I own. :lol:

Regarding the sneezing, I would check that out, maybe get a second opinion from a different vet because if it happens frequently (more than once a day) then she may have a cold. That needs to be closely watched in puppies because they get go down hill very quickly. Good luck!!

My cavaliers do it too. I like having a name for it!

When I had a Vizsla he also did the Zoomies too. 75 pounds leaping over the sofa, like he was a horse jumping a fence. Or he would run at the sofa, push off the back of the sofa to turn around and keep going through the house. I had to move the sofa back in place every day. He did calm down after he was 2 years old, thank goodness.

Ginger's Mom said:
I'm laughing so hard as I'm reading this post... My puppy does the same and I didn't know that this was a typical thing in the Cavaliers! You have got 2 love this breed.. "Zoomies", LOL!!

The best Zoomies are done after they have a bath--- You'd think they were dunked in toxic waste-lol. sandy See (now that I read the whole thread) it isn't just my opinion-- bath zoomies are crazed zoomies.

Mine does the same thing everytime we come back from going potty! Even when I wake her up to take her outside and she seems so tired and that there could be no possible energy left in her she walks through the door and becomes a maniac! Its pretty funny. Even at night though she'll settle down quickly after she gets a few 'laps' in!!!!!

WoodHaven said:
The best Zoomies are done after they have a bath--- You'd think they were dunked in toxic waste-lol. sandy See (now that I read the whole thread) it isn't just my opinion-- bath zoomies are crazed zoomies.

No doubt of that. Holly treats the stairs as her own personal racecourse/obstacle course and attacks anything in her way. Especially the towels. This is why I do not bathe them at the same time. Two ccrazy cavy zoomers in a small house is NOT clever...

Oh Lisa, you spoilsport! I always bath Charlie first because he will sit and wait for Maxx. As soon as Maxx is out of the tub all hell lets loose :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back