• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New owner

FatherofOllie

Hello, I’m new to this group, as well as new to owning a cavalier. I just brought home a male pup (four months) named Ollie about two weeks ago and I was just wondering is anyone has any advice? I have been potty training him and so far so good, but I always feel so bad to wake him up for his potty schedule I’m trying to get him on. He also has becoming a little protective of me towards my cat, and sometimes my partner. Looking for any advice on how to help change that behavior and how do you go about potty training and nap times.

Or any advice on owning one is gratefully appreciated

Hello, welcome, and so happy for you that Ollie has joined the family. :) Here's a free download e-book, After You Get Your Puppy, by the great trainer Ian Dunbar: https://www.dogstardaily.com/files/downloads/AFTER_You_Get_Your_Puppy.pdf. He decided to make this freely available to help new owners and you'll see from the pictures that one of the featured dogs is a cavalier! He covers everything and there's a ton more information on the dogstardaily.com website too.

A set up with a puppy play pen (x-pen) with a crate inside is a great management approach as you'll see in the book.

Back