• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Okay, so I did something kinda crazy and very implusive!!

Hi Bronte!
I'm sure you ordered the same sweater. I don't see that sweater online anymore, but it was on the Burberry website all winter and fall. :? I haven't really searched for it except at saks and neimans (they don't have it). I'm sorry I can't help you.

I think the sweater will look amazing on your puppy- that check print looks gorgeous on cavs. :flwr: Shopping is a great way to distract you from the wait for your pup! :) :)

It will be worth it when you see how adorable she looks in that sweater! $225 is pretty steep, but I paid that much for a dog stroller that I've NEVER used. Even if Charlotte eventually grows out of her sweater, I'm positive someone on this board would be happy to buy it from you!

I don't want to rain on you Burberry parade :) buuuuut she very well may out grow it. Lily was only in a small sweeter until she was about 4 mos old. She is now a medium and she only weighs 13.4 lbs at 7 mos. As someone said, the size of the dog is not determined by the size of the parents. Lily's Mom only weighed 13 lbs at 3 years. Lily is already bigger then she. But enjoy it while she can wear it, and as someone else said you can always sell it and get her the next size up (y)

Ellie and I are officially jealous as that coat is to die for. Im not sure if she will out grow it or not What is Burberry's size range? Most adult Cavaliers get to about their teens in weight I think. Did Penny where a small on the show?

$225?!! How would you like to donate to the "Save moniechris from starvation fund" ? :lol: Good for you girl. I wish I was your dog! ;)

Yeah, you're nuts but so are the rest of us. I guess my grandgirls are lucky that it's too hot here for the dogs to wear sweaters or I wouldn't have just sent them a big package from Gymboree!!

Now, if I find any Louis Vuitton stuff for dogs I may be in trouble. I did find a carrier once but it was too small even for my shihtzu.

The burberry does match the blenheim well, doesn't it?

Er....Crittercall...they do make Louis Vuitton collars and carriers for dogs (generally in upscale malls the Louis Vuitton and Gucci stores are next door to Burberry). By you, they have them at the Mall at Millenia. Again, not that I would know... icon_whistling Just trying to get you in trouble! Burberry even has water dishes set out for dogs who are shopping with their owners...a Cavalier is like royalty there! It's always fun to window shop... :D -Natalie

I had to buy that Burberrry sweater a few years ago for Teddy....after I saw it on SATC..... and I got it for 1/2 price off of ebay...tags and buttons and all....Don't forget about ebay! ;)
It is extremely warm, so he will only wear it on very cold days outside...with a little coaxing....but it is beautiful.

Nancy
Teddy and sweet, little Katydid

natalieandmike said:
Er....Crittercall...they do make Louis Vuitton collars and carriers for dogs :D -Natalie
:rotfl: Hey Crittercall will it be the dog collar or fixing the car this week? Oh bad Natalie you shouldnt have told her!

Being a chav is the new cool, according to Vogue. It's some degree of irony to me anyway. Next year it will be all plastic and Calvin Klein-like minimalism ( -Natalie :flwr: :lol:

moniechris said:
$225?!! How would you like to donate to the "Save moniechris from starvation fund" ? :lol: Good for you girl. I wish I was your dog! ;)

:shock:

Yeah or the buy me a new puppy fund :lol: icon_whistling

Right,anyone know how to knit :lol:

I can totally relate! I buy Cicero something everytime I go into the Coach store and they've come out with a new jacket, sweater or collar!

Lol...

btw... even if it has "tags" and such... I never never never buy anything branded from Ebay... too many knockoffs, scams and conterfeits out there!

I've come to the conclusion that the sweater was an inevidable purchase. :lol:

it was oen of those little thing in life that the price is all wrong put it's power over me is too great. ;)

I talked to the manager at Burberry new York , where the real Elizabeth Taylor's sweater was purchased and she said a size small was used for the show. She said the sweater is strechy and cut on the "boxy" side. I was assured that the size small is the usual size purchased for Cavaliers (she said they sell a TON to Cavalier owners, surprise, suprise).

As long as Charlotte stays under 18 pounds a small will be fine.
She also said it would fit more snug to her body then the medium which might hang off the back of her.

Oh well, it's on the way ad I can't wait to see it.

Pictures to follow soon! ;)

Natalie - I've managed to stay away from that Mall since it opened. Way too many temptations there for me. I'm a weak person! ;)

I saw an LV carrier many moons ago when it was onlyaround $500, but it was too small for even a 14 pound dog. I haven't seen the collars.

My girls haven't worn collars in years - in fact, I don't think that either Tibby or Sasha has ever worn one. The big thing in KY was to get the rolled collars made from saddle leather with brass name tags. Very pretty and not very expensive. Hard to get them for smaller necks. And of course when we moved they had the wrong phone number.

I can get my personal Louis fix at Saks - and Bubba's jaw drops. I've carried an LV bag for at least 20 years (same style but I've only had 2 in that time) - so I've managed to rationalize the price on that one!

You're right, the LV bags DO last forever, and in my opinion, look better and oxidize nicely with age...I only have one (anniversary present), but I still get compliments on it years later. However, that does not stop me from window shopping to my hearts content at that Mall!! (DH is originally from Orlando, we go back time and again). Also we love Winter Park--Mike went to Rollins.

I do like the rolled leather collars, too, especially since Cavaliers have so much "neck fur"--to be honest, it's difficult to get nice pictures of any collar since the neck fur covers it up! However, I so love Bianca's baby feathering that I think she looks best au naturel...and so do the boys!! ;) (see ref. post in heat!!!) -Natalie :flwr:

One thing I think you'll find is you'll spend a lot of money on the puppy in the beginning that in retrospect seems frivilous!! At least I did.

But now that I'm seeing the impact on my bank account I'm slowing down. I have never spent anywhere near $200 on a sweater, but I had other things. I HAD to have both a Sherpa AND a lookout car seat. (sherpa is for subway rides, Car Seat is for the car.). Neither were cheap and both were bought within about a 2 week time frame. Ouch!

Now though, I see cute things but I think ... does he REALLY need it? Is he wearing the other sweaters I have for him? And more often than not I pass nowadays. I also ask myself "when is the last time I bought a sweater for Lani??? Lucky has a better wardrobe than ME!!!".

But the shopping in the beginning and spoiling your puppy is half the fun of having a cavalier. As long as your bank account can handle it.

Can't wait to see pics of Charlotte in her sweater. :flwr:

I would just like to say that I NEVER in a million years thought I would be "that girl" who dressed up her dogs. icon_blshing

Wellllllll, let it be known that I FULLY retract that statement!

I would just like to say that I NEVER in a million years thought I would be "that girl" who dressed up her dogs

:lol: :lol: Me either!!

HPIM1628-1.jpg

Back