• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Please send your prayers....we need all we can get

Oh Nancy :( :( :( I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this kind of stuff . I am sending your cousin every ounce of positive energy I have and will keep him, his family, your dad , and you in my prayers .............stay strong my friend ((((((HUGS))))))

Oh Nancy sweetie....I'm crying for you!! Please know that I am thinking about you and praying for your family.

My prayers are with you Nancy. I just went through a cancer battle with my mother and Alzheimers with my dad--I know how you feel. Please know that there are lots of people on this board that are pulling for you.

Also praying for your cousin--he's young and strong. I just have a feeling he'll be alright...

All the best-

I was raised by my grandmother who just had surgery for lung cancer last year. In fact, I've always called her "mom" since she's the only mom I've ever known. So, while I can't really relate to what you are going through with you cousin's son, I certainly can relate to what you are going through with your father ...

For my mom, there were all sorts of complications ... she's 84 years old, has diabetes, pretty advanced emphysema ... a heart that is not as strong as it could be. It was about 6 months after they discovered her cancer before they finally decided to operate, and then only at her insistance. They'd been hesitant, because they did not think she'd survive the surgery.

I know your dad's situation is "advanced" ... so I'm sure things seem grim, but I wanted to let you know my mom did survive that surgery last year. And despite a very (Very!) grim warning to my twin sister and me that she might not survive the surgery. Well, I want to let you know that she has not only survived it but also appears to be cancer free one year later. Back in July we took her on a cruise to Bermuda to celebrate her recovery (and we're taking her on another vacation .. her dream vacation .. to Hawaii ... next year).

I know this tough time is tiring on your dad, but I just wanted to let you know that lung cancer can be overcome. I think the trips really helped keep my mom motivated to fight. Maybe for your dad, helping your family through this crisis will do the same.

I am thinking about you and I hope that things start to turn around for you after all the stress your family has been under for the last few days.

Good luck and my prayers and thoughts remain with you and your family, *ng*l
Lani

So sorry to hear your sad news, I have been through both situations as my dad died of lung cancer and a young lad who is a close relative took his own life.

My mum also suffered from severe depression and tried to end her own life but survived to see better days, I wish this also for this young lad.

My thoughts are with you.

:flwr:

nancy,
sorry to hear about this suffering.
i hope your cousin's strength wins out. It sounds like his doctors
know what they're doing. his spirit is certainly hanging on. with all the prayers and healing thoughts being sent his way and the strong pull of his family, i hope he will make it through.
I'm sorry about the sad and frightening news about your father. When my dad was given a cancer diagnosis, it was a depressing experience, to think about what might lie ahead and to want him not to suffer, and to imagine my life with him not here anymore.
Although very hard, this kind of experience can also be very spiritual.
It was nice to read Lani's story of hope. I hope your dad will have his own victories with the illness.

It is not fair - any of it. :( I am so sorry and I know what your family must be going through at this time. That rollercoaster is unbearable. I will pray and pray that everything turns out well and that your family remains strong.

Dear, dear Nancy, and all of you.

I'm so sorry to hear about how much pain some people have to go though in live.

Nancy, I can not say that I know how you feel about whats going on, but I know how it feels when it's like very bad thing is happening on the same time. In onley one year time, my grandmother and grandfather, and my other grandfather died. That same year my grandpa (Yes, I know how lucky I am, to have known all these granparents) got canser and alzheimer.

Warm thought streaming from my, I send you my prayers. :hug:

Oh {{{{{{{{Nancy}}}}}}}} big hugs to you. I am so very sorry you are having such an awful time at the moment.

I hope it's OK with you but I am going to ask my friends n the spiritual website that I belong to, to all send out some Reiki and spiritual healing to your cousin and your Dad and strength to you and your Mom. Most are mediums and healers so the energies should really flow.

Thinking of you and continuing to send the positive thoughts to you all xxxxxxxxx

Im very sorry to read about hear about this all my thoughts and prayers are with you all at this difficult time hopeing he makes a full recovery :(

Dearest Nancy, :flwr:

You are all still in my prayers, and I think about you each night as the home draws quiet after the busy day...how are you yourself?

with much love,

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

will be saying a prayer for you at this very minute. hope all is well. "when you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that i carried you" xxx

Nancy,

I must have come back to this thread about 1,000 times now waiting to hear news. I have been praying for you and your family. Keep your fur babies close to you through this terrible time as they are a wonderful source of comfort. This really hits close to home for me and I know how hard it is for you. If you ever want to talk about anything, you're more than welcome to PM me and I'll give you a call. Take care of yourself and you are in my thoughts every day!! :flwr:

Hello Friends,
Things are taking a turn for the worse with my cousin's son. Please continue to pray for him as he had fought sooo hard up to this point his poor body has taken an unbearable beating.
My dad is going through torture. Asked again last night about all the pain in his chest, alzheimers can be soo cruel. We are still trying to get just the right schedule to keep him comfortable. I want mom to call hospice tomorrow---they are the experts as far as providing comfort for him. Finally got him to eat more than a bit of toast yesterday. Made him a milkhake and made him drink it all. Then he ate a little dinner for the first time in sooo long.
I know God has his own plan but I pray he spares my cousin's son and takes my dad from all of his pain. In a word, this sucks.
Thank GOD for my doggies. Last night we all spent time snuggling on Dad's bed and Dad LOVES this sooo much...he smiled at me and said,
"So when do we get the third dog????'...keeps saying these are the best dogs in the world and I know he is right!
Thank you sooo much everyone!
Love,
Nancy
Teddy and Katy, too!

Back