• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

puppia harness??

whittakeramy

Im looking at getting a new puppia harness for mimi but was looking at the range and i dont know what to go for. Also what colour too? I have noticed some colours dont really go with the blen colour and just clash and i would be bugged by that so what do you guys think?? Any suggestions would be great. Thank you..

I had a navy blue one for Leo (he's a Blenheim) he looked lovely in it but the clip broke about 3 weeks ago:mad:

Ive been thinking of getting another one though as I found it very good.

Hi

We stopped using them as none of my four like them being pulled over their heads so we all use various types of step in harness now .:)

Ohhh I heart Puppia!

I like the step in harness (I think Puppia calls them a "vest") better than the one you put over there head for a few reasons 1) Brooklyns ears are really big ;) so getting it off can sometimes be a struggle and 2) with her recent ear/neck/possible SM worry, I dont want to be pulling anything on and off her head that might not be comfortable for her. Plus, the step in ones are just so easy! And make a good car harness because there is a double metal clip to clip into, so you are not just relying on a plastic clip to hold in case of an accident.

Ohhh, I bet Navy would look amazing on a blenheim! Brooklyn has a black and white stripe one which looks adorable. It is called "Puppia Modern Harness B" (you can google it). They also have a light blue version which was really cute...but since Brookly is a little lady, I passed :p

A tried a few new ones on last week that I didnt like with the Blenheim coat which were the pink camo and the "spice" vest. Neither looked good with her coloring. Good luck...shopping is FUN!

I have both regular Puppias and step ins (which only seem to come in smallish sizes and then a size that is too large... :rolleyes:) Only my smallest dogs fit the step-ins. I think colour is pretty personal -- many colours that one person thinks doesn't suit a blenheim, others think do! Personally I like dark blue on blenheims but others like anything from camo to pink to green (for me, green would look too much like the Irish flag... :lol: ).

Im looking at getting a new puppia harness for mimi but was looking at the range and i dont know what to go for. Also what colour too? I have noticed some colours dont really go with the blen colour and just clash and i would be bugged by that so what do you guys think?? Any suggestions would be great. Thank you..

A nice deep burgundy or wine color I think goes great.

I have puppias for both my blen's - lucy has a pink one & sparky has the camo one - both look fab!

As far as color goes I think you're going to have a hard time getting everyone to agree on just 1 or 2 colors. Just go with what you like best yourself, that's most important!

We have the vest-harness version (i.e. step-in) and love it. Just feel it's much less taxing on Skippy's neck when he's on a lead.

Also when I was reading some reviews on it before purchasing, people were saying that the sizes run a little smaller than advertised. So we got an XL -- it was a little big initially since he wasn't fully grown but now that he is (about 23 pounds), it's a perfect size.

Here are some pictures of him using it, hope you find these useful.

Last edited:
What beautiful pictures!

It is a personal thing. I have one Puppia harness (over the head type) that is the pink plaid. It was given to me, and one thing is, every one knows it's a GIRL. We do struggle just a bit getting it off, as the ears are big on Claire too. I do one ear at a time.

Hi dandelos

Is that a step in Puppia ,? shows how much I know I only thought they did the soft over the head type .Got a Fleece Lined Harness today size 2 which fits Pops but thats pull over the head so I am not sure if I shall get another three or not ,its like have quad babies I cant buy one of anything it has to be lots of four .

Hi dandelos

Is that a step in Puppia ,? shows how much I know I only thought they did the soft over the head type .Got a Fleece Lined Harness today size 2 which fits Pops but thats pull over the head so I am not sure if I shall get another three or not ,its like have quad babies I cant buy one of anything it has to be lots of four .

Hi Brian:

Yep, it is a step-in version. We just place it on the floor, tell Skippy to step forward, maneuver his paws into the respective holes (he hasn't quite figured out how to do this accurately yet), raise the vest to his chest, and then secure the velcro and "snap"/"click" belt around the top of his back.

That vest harness looks great but I've heard so many stories of Puppia breaking especially the catch on the matching leads that I wouldn't risk it.

Back