• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Star has started!

Thoughts and Prayers

My thoughts and prayers are with you Bruce and your family. Congrat's to Star and Anna! I am also sorry for your loss. I have been reading your posts since the beginning and just now decided to sign up and join the discussion. It has helped me learn quite a bit. My cavalier is due to have her first litter, (and mine icon_yikes ) in 12 days! I am SO scared!

We are looking forward to seeing pictures of the mom's and babies! Congrat's

Congrats Bruce, Kris, Anna and Star. Hats off to you. Being a breeder is so much more difficult than one can imagine. The joys are obvious but the pain is equal...loosing them even at birth is a loss and brings so much heart ache. Hope all goes well the puppies from here on out.

Congratulations to Anna, Star and the two of you! What an incredible , albeit exhausting, day you've all had. Did you have anyone else there to help?

I'll continue to keep good thoughts (nine puppies!) headed your way. Hope you get some rest.

Thanks Godness alls well. I got a little worried yesterday when there was a big gap between posts...Thinking of you here.....* and get some rest if you can *

Congratulations! Good job to both moms and both humans!
applaud.gif

I hope the vet visit this morning goes well and everyone gets a clean bill of health. Cant wait to see pictures!! We're all dying to ooooo and ahhh over the little ones.

Hope you are getting some well-deserved rest. What a day and night that must have been. I just couldn't believe they both started at the same time! Sorry too to hear of the loss of one little one. As Mary says, breeding is definitely a challenge and a responsibility, all the way from the very start, matching the best-fitting pedigrees and health histories, to being there during the whelping for all the emotional ups and potential downs. You sure did an awesome job with Anna and Star!

Can't wait to see the pictures. I can also hardly believe the puppies are here now -- it seems you only just started this forum!! :) Now we can enjoy the puppy rearing too... icon_banana

9 puppies!!! Oh my gosh, what fun. Sorry you lost one but a total of 9 is fantastic. Get some rest!

What have I been missing icon_whistling

Congratulations to both Star and Anna icon_banana

Bruce I cant wait to see the photos :D

What an exhausting day for all of you!! (Mommas and puppies included!!)

Congratulations on the new lifes! So exciting and new. Their first day in this big, huge world. :) I hope the next few days goes well and everyone stays strong and healthy. Sorry for the one loss. :(

Will you do an X-ray to confirm no more puppies, or will the vet just palpate (feel)?

Re: Thoughts and Prayers

jenihill said:
My thoughts and prayers are with you Bruce and your family. Congrat's to Star and Anna! I am also sorry for your loss. I have been reading your posts since the beginning and just now decided to sign up and join the discussion. It has helped me learn quite a bit. My cavalier is due to have her first litter, (and mine icon_yikes ) in 12 days! I am SO scared!

We are looking forward to seeing pictures of the mom's and babies! Congrat's

Wow, your first litter, you are in for the ride of your life!! Don't feel bad about being scared, it just means you understand how complicated the whole process can be. Hope you have good luck and a trouble free welping. Oh, and don't be afraid to post with questions; I'll do the best I can to help, especially now that everything is still fresh in my mind.

Thank you for your kind words Bruce. I have actually exchanged a few e-mails with your wife and she has a lot of helpful information. I am so scared and excited at the same time! I am especially woried these last 12 days or so. I don't want her to do anything that will hurt the puppies. Yet I don't want to keep her confined. I have her in a big area "baby gated" off in my house to keep her of the furniture. I take her out on a leash. I hope I am doing it all right... scary and exciting at the same time :shock:
Thank you for your reply
Kindly-

What wonderful news, what wonderful girls you and Kris have. I was off line one day and look what happens! I'm so very happy for you and the girls. I can't wait for the pictures. Are you totally pooped? Let us know how the vet visit went, you are in our thoughts and prayers.
JaneB

Just a note that I've edited out a post as I want to keep the focus in this thread on Bruce and his litters. :)

Congratulations !! I can not wait to see photos - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife (I know you MUST be stressed) - wishing for the best and hoping for even better!!

Congrats!

Bruce so sorry for my late congratulations, but thought of you, my the stress of birthing two.... hope all is going well and am searching now for pictures!!!

Bruce was reading the locked thread all about the pups, you said Anna used her nose and pay to move the pup, i saw this too for teh first time, with Cloe, it was so good, she learnt alot of tricks this time around!

may i ask you, what is Karo syrup and whats it for never heard of it before. what does it do is it like the syrup we put on babies tounges, its black and tastes of liquerious? cant remember what it is called!

Congrats Bruce and Kris and Anna and Star. So sorry for the little one who didn't make it :cry:

Off to hunt for puppy pics now :D

Back