• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Star has started!

Whoa, just caught up on this thread; I cannot BELIEVE the buns are coming out of both the ovens at the same time!!! icon_yikes :lol: :lol:

It will be action-packed today and tonight; how exciting this is to follow along. That little boy has the cutest little markings on his back, like mirror images going from the pic. You have a lot of puppies ahead!

Wow....2 delivering girls at the same time. Good Luck guys!!! Hope you get some rest......that should be in a couple days maybe.... :)

Score so far:

Anna: 3 girls, 6.5 to 8.1 oz
Star: 2 boys, 1 girl, 6.6 to 8.4 oz

Nice size puppies, expected smaller. All beautiful markings and doing well.

Soooooooooooo tired, after almost no sleep last nite worrying.

Oh Bruce that is wonderful
I bet they are beautiful, I can hardly wait to see them.

I bet you guys are exhausted, no controlling the beauty of birth.
At least you know how many to expect.
Happy they are all doing well.
Funny how you predicted this was going to happen.

I forget how many we're expecting from each?

Very happy for you that you already have 6 beautiful pups! can't wait to see the pictures (once you're rested, of course!!! ) ;)

I think it is 8 and 6 pups! Or 8 and 7... :shock:

So they are tied 3 and 3 though Star was initially ahead... :lol:

Good luck Bruce and Kris; can't wait for the pics.

karlin said:
I think it is 8 and 6 pups! Or 8 and 7... :shock:

So they are tied 3 and 3 though Star was initially ahead... :lol:

Oh, it's a race now?? :lol:

:O I wish I was there to help out, even though I've never even witnessed a whelping! It's exciting just hearing about it as it happens! Who would have thought we'd all act like a crowd of onlookers even though we are miles and miles apart.

This is soooo exciting. I feel like I'm there, well, not really cause I'm well rested! Wooo whooo, go girls go!!

I am so tired I can't see straight. Toughest welping we ever had, mostly because it was 2. Final score:

Anna: 5: 3 girls, 2 boys, 6.5 to 8.1 oz
Star: 4 live: 2 girls, 2 boys, 1 born dead (#4 in birth order), 6.4 to 8.4 oz

With Star it is apparent that the ultrasound was way off, not sure what is going on there. Ultrasound does not always give an accurate count, but is not usually that far off. X-ray at about 5 days before welping is much more accrate, but we didn't want to stress out Star with as many as we thought she had.

Can't feel any more puppies and contractions have stopped completely. Going to bring both Anna and Star into the vet right away this AM to be sure there is nothing left. Unfortunately, if there is anything left, they will be dead. Very, very sad if there are any left and moms just ran out of gas.

On the bright side, moms and puppies are all doing well this morning. It is so nice to wake up in the middle on the night and hear an occaisional squeak. Anna's last boy was a real struggle, but he seems to be doing great too; thank God for the oxygen bottle.

I'll get pictures as soon as I can. More detail on Anna's deliveries in the journal. Thank you all for the positive thinking and encouragement. You have no idea how good it felt to read all the replies from all around the world. The internet truly is one of the great inventions of all time.

Congratulations to all of you, what a night :shock:

So sorry to hear about the pup who didn't make it though. Must be heartbreaking :cry:

Congratulations to the moms Anna & Star I am sure they are exhausted.
Both you and Kris also, we were thinking of you constantly and praying everything would be okay.
I am very sorry to hear about the little one who did not make it, so sad.
It must of been overwhelming Bruce/Kris having the two of them whelp at the same time. Really glad to hear they are all doing good this morning.

Still thinking of you's.

Congrats to everyone Bruce! I too am sorry to hear about the little one that didn't make it, but I happy to hear mom/s and babies are doing well thus far. You and Kris did an amazing job, I hope you're all able to get some rest!

Can't wait for pics! :D

Sorry to make everyone wait for pictures. Seemed like every time I thought I had a chance to take a few pictures, something came up that stopped me. I'll try to get pictures tonite after work.

BTW, this is the longest we have ever had to go between puppies being born. Not sure why it was so long in between births. Need to start asking some questions about that.

Back