• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Thanks Bruce!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking forward to this forum and seeing how this adventure progresses; I know we will all be waiting for the puppy photos too... :lol: :lol:

Can I second that please. I am so excited about all this. I really hope that Anna catches, and Star too. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I want a puppy to cuddle :lol:

Thanks {{{{{{{{{Bruce, Kris, Anna, Star and Connor (and the unnamed stud dog) }}}}}}}}} icon_flowers icon_heartthrob icon_flowers

Very exciting. I am much looking forward to the chronicles. Two bitches in heat at the same time!?! And potentially whelping at the same time?? my goodness! :shock: That will be a lot of work.

Bruce, you've got the pics figured out now! icon_thumbsup Anna is beautiful; boy, does that little puppy shot make me start thinking about a puppy... :lol:

This is so exciting! Thanks for letting us be a part of it!!

Anna is beautiful. She looks like she's smiling in the 2nd shot! :)

Thank you all for the kind words. I'll do my best to make this a very interesting site; hopefully, you can see why I love breeding so much as this progresses.

The photos look terribly grainy to me. I must not have a very high resolution; I'll try to do better on the rest.

Bruce
MysticKnight Cavaliers

Are they scanned paper photos, or digital photoes? Scans will look more grainy but you can usually set the scan to a higher resolution. Also if you upload a digital pic at full size, then the resolution is better when rediced. But you shouldn;t really need to do that.

What gorgeous photo's. Anna looks quite earnest in the first pic and every inch the young lady in the second :D

Hope it all works out for both girls Bruce, weird how one test says one thing and another test says another huh?

Yep, this breeding stuff sure would be a lot easier if it were more of an exact science. Don't let that photo of the "Young Lady" fool you; my little girl has now turned into a shameless hussy :lol:

Bruce
MysticKnight Cavaliers

:lol: I can just imagine. My Maxx has had lots of 'offers' from female cavaliers in the past. He is considered a 'safe' playmate for them when they are in season as he has been neutered.

Safe for them maybe, definitely not safe for him - most of them don't care about the fact that he has no bits left - he's still male and they just launch themselves at him and make such a noise about it too :lol:

Hope she has fun, Bruce and that Kris doesn't get too exhausted :lol:

What Bruce, no icon_flowers ? Typical man :lol: Has Anna's temperament changed at all yet? I suppose it's a little early...

OK then I'll cut to the chase - looks like those pups might be born on my birthday so does that mean you send me one as a pressie????? :lol:

I think I should claim b.day rights of naming one if they are ;)

How many litters will you let Anna have?

Hope Kris has recovered from her exhausting few days :D

yes! You should take weekly photos posed in the same place so can do a time lapse of how she's growing! :D

What about the other dog? Has she been bred yet?

Well, hard to say if her temperment has changed. She has been a bit more clingey, but that could be because she is just glad to be home.

Kris was exhausted, but stopped at the house Saturday just long enough to drop off dogs and then went to an afternoon seminar on reading to dogs. That's a program where you bring your dog to a school and children with reading dificulties read to the dog. The idea is that there isn't any pressure from a dog and the kids seem to progress faster. Cooper has his CGC, but failed the part of the therapy dog test where Kris greeted the tester; Cooper walked in front of Kris to also greet the tester.

Actually, Kris and I were talking Sunday about naming. We are considering asking people here on the board for suggestions for a theme for the litter that we would then pick names from. For instance, the theme might be Chevrolets and a name could then be MysticKnight's BelAire. No promises on that, but it could be fun.

Anna has had 1 litter so far and is 3. Depending on how well she recovers from each litter, we will probably wait 1 year after this one, then do two back-to-backs, then wait another year, and so on. We will follow CKCSC code of ethics for maximum number of litters and maximum age; just don't recall what that is off the top of my head. Again, that's totally dependent on how well Anna recovers from each litter.

I do intend to start taking some photos to post of Anna as she progresses. There won't be any real noticeable change in body size until about week 5 if she has a normal size litter. I really do have to get off my butt and use that camera we just bought.

Star was also bred with Cooper at the same time Anna was bred. Star and Cooper just went with Kris to Annas breeder and the motel room became a "House of Ill-Repute" :lol: In my office I am refered to as the doggie pimp!

Please Anna and Star, please don't welp at the same time!!

Bruce
MysticKnight Cavaliers

Years ago, I knew a litter of boxers who were raised for service dogs. They had a gas station theme for the litter. I knew Fina and Texaco, but I believe there was also a Conoco. I dont know any of the others, but they were unique, fun names! BP and Phillips 66 are two more possibilities that I can think of.

You could also pick a favorite TV show, and name the pups after the characters on the show. For example, Little House on the Prairie is on TV. There's Laura, Charles, Mary, Nellie, Nells, Harriet, Edwards, Carolyn, etc.

Puppy naming is always fun!

Bruce H said:
Star was also bred with Cooper at the same time Anna was bred. Star and Cooper just went with Kris to Annas breeder and the motel room became a "House of Ill-Repute" :lol: In my office I am refered to as the doggie pimp!

Please Anna and Star, please don't welp at the same time!!

Bruce
MysticKnight Cavaliers

Of course they will! :lol: I wish I could come out and lend a hand! Maybe Jen could help! :D

We are working on getting Shiloh, our lab, certified to be a therappy dog through Delta Society. We also took Rory to the short little pre=screening adn they told me he is a lovely dog with a wonderful temperment and "absolutely no self control"@! :oops:

Just read this thread, sorry didnt meant to steal your spot wtih my idea.... [ in another thread] but i was wondering, you mention that you were doing tests to find out when she would be ready to mate, i didnt bother with that, i saw her drops of blood and counted to day 11, and she was mated on day 11 and 13, worked for me both times, but i am now wondering is that more good luck then good fortune?

Day 63 is this sunday, but i have been told to watch from day 61, so we are all ready!

Did you get lucky? Yes and no. If not doing tests, you should look for a very subtle change in the discharge color, which indicates they're ready. Generally a girl can be ready anywhere from day 5 to day 13; we've heard of girls going to day 20, but I think that's really rare. The problem with watching for blood and then counting days from there is you have to really be watching for that first sign of spotting. Or you may someday get a girl like we have who is ready around day 6 and is done by day 11. If you can't do the testing I would also be watching for the color change (something my wife has to do because I'm partially color blind!). And then there's that old addage: If it works, don't fix it!

Good luck on your upcoming litter; I told Anna to cross her paws for you and your girl.

Bruce
MysticKnight Cavaliers

Just a reminder that people can start new topics in the forum here for new threads... everyone doesn't have to post to this "Thanks, Bruce!" one!! :)

Once they get to two pages long they get kind of clumsy to read, so if you are asking or introducing something on a new topic, why not start a new thread? icon_thumbsup

To clarify: the only topic that is locked is the one Bruce posts directly to about the breeding process, and it is also stickied at the top of the page. The rest of the forum is a regular forum and you can post new threads as you like.

Back