• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Water bowl recommendations for US people??

Someone told me about these bowls at Ikea - available in store only, not online
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40095317

I like that they are stainless, dishwasher safe, priced well and have the anti-slip bottom. Unfortunately, I am 3 hrs from the nearest Ikea store and have no plans to travel there anytime soon. :(

I think these would not be effective for a cavalier. I noticed the diameter of the opening is huge compared to my spaniel bowl opening. The top of the spaniel bowl has a 4" (about 10 cm) diameter opening. Any larger and at least one ear would be getting dipped. Those bowls are listed as being 10.5 inches in diameter. The opening would be slightly smaller, but nowhere near small enough. They'd probably work great on larger spaniels, but doubt it for cavaliers. I have seen bowls identical to this in petsmart and petco. They don't have the design, but they are shaped identical with the nonskid bottom. I looked at them and concluded that the smallest ones which likely had the right sized opening just didn't hold anywhere near enough, and the larger ones wouldn't protect their ears. I have found the spaniel bowl to be most excellent.

I have tried so many bowls, and none of them have worked to keep the ears out and dry. You really have to read the dimensions when buying from the internet. I made this mistake and bought a bowl that looked right, but it wound up being 10" around, and the opening was huge! I've been trying to avoid spending so much money for the beautiful ones made by "Spaniel Bowls", but I might just HAVE TO purchase one afterall. :rolleyes:

Love the pics of Bandit and Lizzie! Those bowls are beautiful and very well-made. Someone donated some for our Auction last month during the Specialty. I would love to get one!

Thanks Holly, I think mine was worth the money. What she put into making each one and the quality of it justifies the cost.

How is rescue Hannah doing in her new home?

Back