• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Who has microchipped?

Is your dog Microchipped

• Yes

Votes: 52 91.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
No, Kingston is not chipped. This will be a point of huge controversy, but I just don't feel right about putting a foreign object in his body. I have no problem with others choosing to do so, and I know many lost animals have been recovered through a microchip. However, I think having Kingston microchipped takes away part of my personal responisibility for his safety and wellbeing. When they start microchipping children, then I will consider doing it for my fur baby.

Before people start ranting and raving, remember this is a personal choice of mine and I respect those who do microchip as well as those who don't.

I tend to agree with you Kingstons Mom. I will be taking my little guy in to get neutered in 2 months, and I know I have to make the decision to get him chipped or not soon. I would want to get him done while he is out for the surgery. I too feel very uncomfortable putting something strange like glass into his body. I cannot imagine ever lettting him out of my sight to have to worry about needing the chip. Just my opinion.

Alex was chipped before I even brought him home...its what the breeder does, she microchips all her puppies before she lets them go.Its up to each dog owner as to whether they want their dogs chipped or not but for me Id rather have a dog that's chipped and some chance of getting him back if he' lost or stolen than an unchipped dog.No offence to anyone,everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I am a huge believer in microchips. It is now law here in Australia that all dogs & cats must be microchipped. But back in the old days before it became law we got all our guys done then.

yes ruby is chipped. The breeder had it done on all the pups before they sold the litter. I didnt get a choice in the matter and i can totally see both points of view.

Back