• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Wish Jaspar luck

:hug: from us too.

My FMIL's tibetan terrier had a similar prob this time last year, he was fine after a day he felt sorry for himself and lapped up the extra attention from all of us for a day or two. He had to wear a cone for a few days because he kept trying to get the dressing off. His recovery time was extremely fast and biopsy came back all clear so :xfngr: Jaspar will be the same :flwr:

Thanks all, the vet is pretty sure it is nothing to worry about but figured it is better to take it off then try to stop him licking it and see if it goes away, and to biopsy it to be safe. It doesn't seem to hurt him if you touch and push it; it is kind of like a giant smooth wart. :-? So we are a bit baffled at what it is and how it showed up so quickly.

I'll be glad when it's over and done but was told it will be a very quick surgery. I will have them cut his looong nails at the same time as they are darn hard to do otherwise and his front nails are quite long.

Sending good thoughts and hugs....I know you will be glad when it is all over. judy and dixie

Karlin, Approximately 3 weeks ago, I was watching the am news with Quincy in my lap. I was petting him, and planning to give him a bath when the news was over. Suddenly I felt a lump on the top of his right foot, and when I examined it I was absolutely horrified to see that it was quite raised and approximately 1/4 in. across. I flew out of my chair and phoned the vet. He suggested I come in, however he did not seem overly concerned. Upon arriving at his office he examined the lump and I felt immensely assured when he said it was probably benign. Quincy went in for surgery the next day, and I picked him up 5 hours later. Fortunately it was benign! Quincy never chewed on his bandage, and when I took him in a few days later for a post-opt, the vet removed the bandage. Once again Q. ignored his foot, which still had stitches in it. Five days later he had the stitches removed, and his beautiful white hair has already grown in covering the area that was treated. We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers, and look forward to hearing of a positive outcome as well!

Good luck little Jasper. Mate, when you get home, you be sure to milk the situation for all it is worth ok? You will need loads of special treats, the best position on the bed and heaps of cuddles.

Jaspar, Good luck with your sore toe.

Please don't chew at it or you'll have to wear a big, annoying collar!!

Mary Alice and Rosie have their paws crossed for you and are sending licky kisses for a fast recovery!;)

Jaspar, Scout, Breeze and Alex are sending you a big hug and lots of good wishes. Karlin, it will be over before you know it. Good Luck!!! I'm sure everything will turn out fine. Keep us posted.

Good Luck

Hannah sends blinkies to Jasper.

[admin note: you are welcome to repost images that don't contain a link (y)]

jasper sweetie i wish u all the luck in the world, u are a true sweetie and a beautiful dog i hope u get well soon!!!

Five days later he had the stitches removed, and his beautiful white hair has already grown in covering the area that was treated. We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers, and look forward to hearing of a positive outcome as well!

Wow, that is just about the same situation -- except he has been licking his foot nonstop for several days. So in we go in the morning. Thanks for the description of your experience; I hope he does as well!

I just brushed him so he'd look nice for his surgery. :cool: I love all my dogs, but love Jaspar just that little bit extra, so I'll be worried til he is out of surgery and has the all-clear. Thanks for all the good wishes and positive thoughts.

Back