• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

12 hours until Take-Off!!!

arasara said:
it's between the 29th and 31st!

Oh i think you should do it on the 27th cause that's when Kody comes home! I told myself I would stop fooling around on this site last wk and get back to work and my online course till then. but your new puppy posts, Claire and Penny opps Minnie posts have just got me logging on to hear the news, share in your excitement and view the pics. Really, I have to stop this...

27th is a bad day for me to be getting her Kody!! :p

That day Kosmo has his starting of his next round of obedience and also we have his therapy dog test - WISH US LUCK!!

arasara said:
27th is a bad day for me to be getting her Kody!! :p

That day Kosmo has his starting of his next round of obedience and also we have his therapy dog test - WISH US LUCK!!

ah but the 27th is still a good day - its just a good day for you and Kosmo. Your new puppy and you will meet soon enough!

Where do you take the therapy dog training or did you do it on your own and then you go for testing. Hmm Perhaps I should have start a new thread for that question?

yes a good day! :) I am excited for it.. Kody - you can train your dog on your own and then go for the test. ;) I have an extra special advantage because Kosmo's trainer just happens to be one of the testers for the therapy dog thing. If you are interested I can give you her email address and you can get the application from her. Your dog does have to be 1 year before doing the test though so you'll have to wait a while.. ;) I'm lucky ~ Kos turns 1 this saturday and the saturday after is his test.... Thank God it didn't work backwards.!

Oh Wow! I'm obviously playing catch up here! I had no idea.

Congratulations Sara, she's a babe! And you can't beat those little black and tan devils ;) Love the pics so far. Can't wait to see more

arasara said:
I can give you her email address and you can get the application from her.
Ha not me! :yikes If you ever met me you'd know why, I am too excitable - I like to call it passionate about life- my husband has a few nasty words to describe it though :roll:

Thanks for the info, its just something I have always admired and wondered how people/dogs got involved with.

Who knows, my youngest has an odd connection with all/any animals. Maybe she will aspire to the task after participating in obedience classes this year.

Oh Sara!!!! You lucky girl!!! She is soooo adorable. One of the cutest little puppies ever. I think she will have to get into modelling for photo shoots- a very photogenic little girl. I think that Gracie Faith :D should have the browm mutt snuggle puppy :D . Best of luck with everything. Hope it all goes well and best of luck for you and the gorgeous little Kosmo for his test.
Julie and the girls

Okay, I have a couple of names:

Cynders (like in Cinderella whose life was turned around)

Missy (because she is so tiny)

Natalie (just because she looks like a Natalie)

Gabriella (same reason)

Oh, I just love girlie names.
Pam

So, it's official!!

I'll be flying out of Toronto instead of NY. I was going to fly from NY and save the $100 but by the time I got back I would need a hotel.. so when you factor in gas, parking, and a hotel I might as well just fly from Toronto and be driven to and from the airport.. icon_whistling

I leave at 6:45 in the morning on the 30th (and I have to be to the airport 1 1/2 hours early for customs.. :yikes ) and I get home at 9:55PM that same night - oh Thank God I am flying out of Toronto. Depending on traffic (which I don't think there will be much) the airport is only about 45 minutes from my house. Plus with this time of the year you're never sure about the winter weather so it's better to be safe than sorry!!

I'll keep you all posted! :flwr:

Okay Sara here are some names that I like

Sassy (I know you are not calling her that but it is still my favourite)

Darcie

Misty

Ebony

Holly

Hailey

Kylea

Emma

Kara

Keke

Are you looking for a name that also starts with a "K" it might help she looks cheeky and solids are vey well known for being spunky so in all honesty my next favourite is

Keke then Kara then Kylea

Linda ~

I really really like the name Ebony. It means a deep beautiful black. ;) I will see what Avi says - that one really catches my name. It would be nice to have a K name - maybe Kasey like someone suggested but that's also kind of a boy name! :yikes I might have to wait and see.. Ebony sounds good though.

What is wrong with

Keke, kara or kylea

You don't like them./ :( :( :(

Here are another few

Koko, Kenya

I have a tendency to stick with the same intial, as you already know.

:w**h**: :w**h**: :w**h**:

I'm sooooo excited for you Sara, have just marked it on my calander, its going to be really late by the time you've got back, introduced her to Kosmo, settled her in, taken loads of photos AND come on here to tell us all about your adventure :lol:

Lol Linda I am sorry !! I just don't like kiki - coco my boss has a dog named that and kyla is alright ~ I think it's cute but I have to have a name that fits my personality too! I don't know I guess we'll have to wait and see her. :)

Thanks for your well wishes Vickie ~ I can't even sleep at night waiting! :p

Sara - if you like Kasey, but think it is a boy's name, how about Cassie. That is almost the same and definitely a girl's name. And you can substitute a K for the C and have a K name. Kassie.

Here are a few other K names: Kerry, Kiley, Kaety, Kayley

Since you like Ebony, Here are other names for black: Coco (or Koko), Raven, Sable

congrats, I love the little Black and Tans - I think I'd like a b&T female.
Please post pics !!!!!!!

Main Entry: faith
Definition: trust
Synonyms: acceptance, allegiance, assent, assurance, belief, certainty, certitude, confidence, constancy, conviction, credence, credit, credulity, dependence, faithfulness, fealty, fidelity, hope, loyalty, reliance, stock, store, sureness, surety, troth, truth, truthfulness

I was trying to think ofone of those fancy show names and came up with a few combinations.

Faith's Conviction, Confident in Faith, Faith's Constancy, Consistent Faith - Connie or Konnie for short

Here is a list of girl dog names that start with C, but you Kould Khange the spelling:

Cairo - The capital of Egypt. An unusual name for an unusual dog.
Calandra - Greek - A little bird.
Calla - Greek - Lovely. Everyone enjoys seeing this girl dog.
Callie - A dog with calico colors.
Callista - Greek - Full of beauty. You can't find a single flaw on this girl dog.
Calypso - According to Greek mythology, Odysseus stayed on this sea nymph's island for 7 years.
Cameroon - An African country.
Camilla - Latin - An attendant. This girl dog loves to help out around the house.
Camille - French - A spotless virgin. An appropriate name for the dog that is spayed.
Candy - "I'm your sweet, guilty pleasure dog."
Canuck - This french poodle loves her country.
Capri - An Italian island in the Bay of Naples.
Cara - Italian - Special friend.
Carat - "I'm worth my weight in diamonds, well almost."
Carita - Latin - Special friend.
Carmel - A beautiful city in northern California. This dog is most comfortable on the west coast.
Carmen - Latin - A song. This girl dog makes your heart sing.
Carnie - "I like roller-coasters and ferris-wheels."
Carrie - "I'm your lovably telekinetic dog."
Casey - Irish - Full of courage. This girl dog will defend you at all cost.
Cashmere - "You'll never find an animal with softer fur than mine."
Cassandra or Cassie - Greek Mythology - Prophetess whom noone believed.
Cassia - A large group of plants which grow in tropical climates.
Cassidy - Irish - Very bright and talented. This girl dog just loves to learn new tricks.
Catania - A port on the coast of Sicily.
Catherine, Cathy, Catie - Greek - One who is pure. A good name for the pure-bred dog. The patron saint of art.
Cauldron - "I'm a black dog who is right at home alongside a witch and her boiling cauldron."
Caviar - A pure-bred dog that cost you plenty.
Charisma - "My personality demands that other dogs follow me."
Charissa - Greek - A caring person.
Chloe - Greek - Term meaning young, green plant. This dog will probably never grow up.
Clara - Latin - A shining leader.
Clare - The patron saint of television. This girl dog loves to watch television.
Clariece - French - Shining child. You're very proud of this puppy dog.
Clarinda - Spanish - Great beauty.
Claudia - Latin - Mild tempered. A great name for any non-aggressive breed of dog.
Clementine - English - Even-tempered. A great name for any non-aggressive breed of dog.
Cleopatra or Cleo - The famous queen of Egypt. A great name for the dog with many charms.
Clover - A super adopted pet's name. She will consider herself to have great luck.
Coffee - A brown pet who is always alert.
Colette - French - Invading force.
Colleen - Irish - Virgin or maiden.
Columba - A Spanish saint of the 9th century who was beheaded for her faith. [Interesting, in a morbid sort of way]
Conchita - Spanish - Beginning. A great name for your first girl dog.
Confetti - "I'm always the hit of the party."
Congo - A large river in Africa.
Constance - Latin - Steadfast. This girl dog will never run away.
Consuela - Spanish - One who consoles. This girl dog is always there when you need her.
Cora - Greek - Virgin or maiden.
Coral - The animal who loves scuba-diving.
Cordelia - Welsh - From the sea.
Cornelia - Latin - Feminine.
Corona - Spanish - Royal. A good name for any pure breed of dog.
Cricket - This dog has long legs and loves to jump.
Crispina - An African saint who lived during the 4th century. She was a married mother who was beheaded for her faith. [another beheading for FAitH]
Cruela - The evil character in Disney's 101 Dalmatians.
Crystal - You're always seeing a different facet of this striking female dog.
Cuckoo - The asylum called, they're one dog short.

Here is a list of girl dog names that start with K:

Kaaba - The most sacred of the Moslem shrines. You hold this dog as sacred.
Kairos - Roman Mythology - She was Jupiter's youngest daughter.
Kala - Hindu - Dark. A great name for any solid-black dog.
Kalahari - One of the great deserts of Africa.
Kali - The Hindu goddess who both destroyed life and gave life.
Kalila - Arabic - A sweetheart or loved one. This dog will forever be in your heart.
Kama - The Hindu god of love. A good name for the dog that you adopt on Valentine's day.
Kameko - Japanese - Child of the tortoise. This girl dog is never in a hurry.
Kappa - This is the 10th letter of the Greek alphabet.
Karelia - A republic located in northwestern Russia, east of Finland.
Karen - Greek - Pure. This name would fit your solid-white dog very nicely.
Kariba - One of the great lakes of Africa.
Karma - You feel like powerful forces aligned to bring you and your pet together.
Katmandu - The capital of Nepal. An unusual name for your unusual dog.
Keely - Irish - Lovely. You can't take your eyes off of this girl dog.
Kelila - Hebrew - A name meaning laurel or crown. This dog will be a winner in life.
Kelly - Irish - Name for a very brave warrior. This dog would lay down her life for you.
Kenda - English - A child of the water. This dog enjoys the water like no other.
Kenya - A country in eastern Africa. It lies on the Indian Ocean.
Kerry - Irish - A name meaning black. Your solid-black dog would love this name.
Ketura - Hebrew - Sweet smelling incense.
Kiara - A lioness in Disney's The Lion King.
Kimberley or Kimmy - English - A royal fortress meadow.
Kimono - An Oriental breed of dog that has fur as smooth as silk.
Kirsten - Scandinavian - A Christian.
Kismet - "Fate brought me and my master together."
Kiwi - "My heart lies in New Zealand."
Kodiak or Kodi - Kodiak is an island and city in the state of Alaska, USA. It was settled in the late 18th century.
Kona - Hawaiian - A woman.
Koruna - Czechoslovakian monetary unit.
Krona - Swedish monetary unit.
Kudos - "I deserve much praise."

Back