• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Last hope prayers

I'm just so very sorry to hear this sad news about Rio. :(

Don't know what to say that will help, but we are all here for you when you're ready.

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for the sympathies. I can't tell you how much it means. Both Billy and I were a little astounded by how many of you it touched and wrote messages. I meant to reply sooner to say thanks but my Dad's in hospital getting a pacemaker and although he's sure to be fine it's just meant a bit more rushing around than usual. It never rains but it pours...

We collected poor Rio yesterday. You wouldn't believe the work those vets in UCD Veterinary Hospital put into saving her. The vet who looked after her was absolutely devastated. He had also treated her for the MMM and was completely shocked that this condition had come on so quickly. It was so acute he's quite suspicious it might have been some sort of an aggressive tumour, although it might have been something underlying and when she was taking the steroids her immune system couldn't cope. They did manage to remove the damaged lobes but she was unstable after surgery and passed away around 2am Thursday morning.

We are utterly devastated and miss her terribly, but don't regret one second of our time with Rio. She was a wonderful pup and my mum thinks she was just too good for this world. There's a little bit of a sense of the inevitable about it also, because she has had such a tough time of it. I'm relieved her suffering is over now.

So thank you again for your support during all her ups and downs. It's so great to have somewhere to turn where everybody understands.

:flwr: :flwr:

I think you're mom is right, someone upstairs wanted this little sweetheart for himself - think of the fun she is having running around without being sick! I hope you find comfort soon and please know that the pouring will stop and there will be sunshine when you least expect it. I hope your father is doing wonderfully and that you can feel all the thoughts and warm fuzzies we are all sending you now. :hug: :flwr:

cecily
thanks for sharing more of what happened--even though she was sick with the MMM and had such troubling symptoms last week, it was still so shocking to hear about her sudden crisis. death is so hard to reconcile with the spirit of a child. yet sometimes it must be done. how honored you must feel to have shared her short precious time here, the many joys of knowing her.

hoping the best for your dad, and for you and billy to soon have some peace.

*ng*l

Cecily,Thankyou for posting it must be so hard for you .

Best of luck to you and your husband and hope your Dad is up and about again soon.

Take care :flwr:

Back