• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My Trip to Get Faith :) ~ Updated - with a NAME!

{{{{{{{{Trixie}}}}}}}} that's a lovely name Sara :flwr: Big :hug: ssss for that gorgeous Kos too. Tell him that his sassy little sister will soon learn some manners but he has got to learn to tell her off as well :lol:

My two would never even sit anywhere near each other Sara but as I type this they are both snuggled up and snoring together in a basket that really is only big enough for one of them :lol:

well little miss attitude made it through the night last night. ;) Half the night she slept in bed with us and then when it was time to take her out she came back in and started having a hay day biting avi's hair so I gave her a few chances and ended up having to put her in her crate.

I am having a hard time calling her trixie! Although I love the name my grandma and mom seem to think it's a "stripper name" and I think she's been branded already as Faith. I'll take her outside and say "Go potty trixie!" and then "good Faith!" :roll: Im confusing myself! I'll have to have a talk with my OH later tonight and whatever we decide is to be her for sure name we'll have to stick with regardless. I LOVE the name Trixie and I had planned to change her name but Faith kind of seems to have stuck.

We just came back from Kosmo's first advanced class. We had a good time and Faith was a doll in her little celltei carrier. I am telling you guys - if you ever get another puppy this celltei carrier thing is a MUST! http://www.celltei.com/gobasic.html I have the camo one and you can't see inside of it and she is just an angel inside of it. No whining or crying.. no accidents even! She can see outside when she's in it and it opens from 2 ways. It's wonderful.

Later on today we're going to a "puppy seminar" and then next week starts class.

Does anybody have any opinions on puppy pads? We don't really "use" them except for when we're out of the house, but I'm wondering if they are scented or not if it makes a difference?? I also saw some "spray" to attract them to use it - what do you guys think of them?

Both names are perfect for her! I love "the bringer of joy" meaning but Faith is such a beautiful name too! I am so happy for you.

hi sara

thanks so much for the lovely story---i've had such a great time reading about trixie/faith's journey home! i like both names---'trixie' is only a stripper name if it's a person :lol: it's prefect for a little girl puppy!

about the puppy pads---i used these when indy was about trixie's age and they worked very well----the first pack that is....

i bought a second pack a couple of months later (they are very expensive and i'd been trying to get by with newspaper). for some reason the smell that attracted him at first made him go nuts and every expensive puppy pad we put down he ripped to shreds like it was toilet paper (his favourite) so just be aware that this could happen.

good luck and love the new avatar----they are so sweet together!

k

Sara, you know from my dogs that both use the pee pad well but the downfall is they also will pee on my throw rugs in front of the sink, stove and tubs =/

Don't know if thats irregular behavior but it seems to be a pattern for them so I took away the pee pads completely unless we are gone for a long period of time, then I remove the rugs and put down the pee pads.

Just a thought.

zack did that too, i ended up getting rid of the kitchen mat (i think i got the idea from karlin's example) and i started closing my bathroom doors all the time so zack wouldn't be tempted. He only did it once in a great while, but that was more than enough for me.

When zack was a puppy, i used Four Paws Wee Wee pads, i still have a supply of them from back then. He took to them from the beginning, they must have some kind of scent? or maybe it's visual, or both. I got them along with all the other supplies the night i brought him home. :l*v: (sigh..always a sweet memory, and a shopaholic's paradise).

Using wee wee pads were not optional for me. Zack had chronic diarrhea from the first night i had him for over a month, and i have wall to wall carpet. He got most of it on the pads, though some would miss the target, So, i would put three or four of them together to cover a large area, by the front door and by the back door. wee wee pads made life a little easier during that ordeal. i kept an eye on him, to put him outside when he started to go,and most of the time he went outside, but it only takes a few seconds of looking the other way, especially when there is the frequency of colitis. sort of like murphy's law.

I bought one of the washable pads for when we go out. I have been putting her in our bathroom with her crate when we are gone. I sprayed the pad, but she will not use it. She holds it the entire time we are gone. She has been doing really well with going outside and goes to the door now to let us know she wants out. Hardly ever any accidents in the house anymore. If she does have an accident, it's our fault, because we missed her going to the door. I want her to use the pad when we are out, instead of holding it that long. How do I get her to use it when we're out?.

.. my grandma and mom seem to think it's [Trixie] a "stripper name"
So, you your mom and grandma know a lot of hookers named Trixie? :p
Just kidding! She's your dog, so you name her. Trixie is a great name for her...maybe not a great daughter's name, but let's not forget that who we're dealing with: a little, spunky, nippy, hair-biting, pee-pee machine of a pup. Go for it...what ever you want!

Sara, Faith/Trixie is adorable!

Whatever you name her, she's going to be a delight! :) :flwr:

I have this theory that if an animal already has a name then you keep it. Unless it is really horrible of course. I find that the animals that have kept their original names have been around longer than the ones that I changed. :lol: Of course just a silly thought really. Plus the fact that I have a Faith and she is to be 11 this year. She was a real ratbag when I first got her. Apart from anything else she was 6 months and had very little human interaction. And managed to persuade the breeder to give her to me. It took ages for her to settle down and learn dog to human etticut. But now she is one of the best dogs that have ever owned me. So in my opinion I would keep your girls original name. Its pretty and you can always sing George Michaels song " You Gotta have Faith" to her :lol: .
But what ever you decide she is beautiful anyway and nothing can change that.

Welcome to little Faith / Trixie. Personally I think Faith fits her better, but Trixie is cute too! She is absolutely adorable and I look forward to seeing more of her! :flwr:

A stripper from the 50's, maybe, when they weren't even really strippers! I could see if you were going to name her.... HoochieMama or something :lol: But Trixie is cute and feminine and sweet. I like Faith too, though! How about a dual name? Trixie Faith? :)

Ok, I'm clearly no help :p

arasara said:
Does anybody have any opinions on puppy pads? We don't really "use" them except for when we're out of the house, but I'm wondering if they are scented or not if it makes a difference?? I also saw some "spray" to attract them to use it - what do you guys think of them?
We use the training pads a lot, and they've been a Godsend. Bella is in her ex-pen (PetYard XT) during the day while we work, and we don't expect her to hold her pee that long, so, she needs to have something. She uses it, and always hits the pad dead-center. We don't have a problem with her going on mats or anything around the house. She knows that if she's not in her pen, she has to go outside. In fact, one night we were watching a movie and not paying close enough attention, and she had to go (she doesn't go to the door and bark, but that's a whole 'nother post), so she went over to her pen and peed on the outside of it on the floor, right beside where the pad was on the other side. She went as absolutely close to she could get to it, poor thing, LOL.

I love, love, love the name Trixie. I was thinking about that for a doggie name. After all cavaliers are kind of like little pixie's so it fits. I also like the name Faith, but Trixie is so cool.

Trixie is a excellent name!!!!!!!! love love love it! i think it really suits her!...and the meaning is so true as you said!...Faith is a lovely name too but i think Trixie really suits her face!

selina said:
I have this theory that if an animal already has a name then you keep it. Unless it is really horrible of course. I find that the animals that have kept their original names have been around longer than the ones that I changed. :lol:

yeah i guess...unless the breeder names the dog "Nancy"..thats what my last dog was originally called..it was horrible!!!..just had 2 change it! (btw no offence to any Nancy's out there...but it just didnt suit my girl!!

Shay said:
...She holds it the entire time we are gone. She has been doing really well with going outside and goes to the door now to let us know she wants out. Hardly ever any accidents in the house anymore. If she does have an accident, it's our fault, because we missed her going to the door. I want her to use the pad when we are out, instead of holding it that long. How do I get her to use it when we're out?.

i think it's wonderful that she is "getting it," about inside/outside, this is a great developmental milestone in socialization. when you aren't home, she is quiet and dogs (i learned from discussions here) can more easily hold it for a long time when they are quiet, like during the night, and this is not harmful to them. It's good if they develop a strong preference to go outside. It's good for this to be a very clear distinction for them. Congratulations!!

I can leave Zack all night and when i come to greet him in the morning, he is not in a hurry to go outside, he wants to cuddle and play for a while. On rare occasions, i get stuck at work and don't make it home mid day and he never has a problem with that, and doesn't go to the door to be let out when i first get home, until i say "wanna go outside?" then he runs right to the door. sometimes he doesn't pee right away when i let him out. He goes and checks for squirrels instead. then he pees.

As much as Trixie is a cute name I just see a Fox Terrier or a JRT. I really love her nanme as Faith. I guess we have followed her journey for so long it just seems that is who she is, to me anyway :D She is beautiful though whatever you call her!
Julie and the girls

Back