• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Please cross your fingers for Tilly!

JenBrennan

Hi all,

Tilly is going into the vets tomorrow for an operation to remove a lump which she has on her side, just below her ribcage - I noticed it last week and luckily enough we were able to fit her into our vets 20 minutes after calling. They took a sample from it and sent it off for testing and we had a phone call on Friday to say it had come back inconclusive so me and Paul took the decision to book her in for an operation tomorrow.

She cannot be fed after 7pm tonight and I have to pick her water up at 7am tomorrow and we're dropping her off at 8.30am and I can phone after 2pm to see how she got on and when we can pick her up.

My sister is baby-sitting Tilly on Friday while we're at work, I wanted someone to be with her while she recovers from the anethestic :)

I'm so nervous about her operation, it hopefully won't be long as the lump is just underneath her skin.

I took her swimming on Saturday (we go every weekend to a local canine hydrotherapy pool) and the lady there will miss her for the next few weeks as we have to wait 7 days after her stitches have been removed until we can go back :)

I will keep you updated on my little baby girls progress

Jen
-x-

How scarey for you. Very best of luck tomorrow. Please keep us updated on how things go.:xfngr:

Mel

Oh No!

Hi all,

Tilly is going into the vets tomorrow for an operation to remove a lump which she has on her side, just below her ribcage - I noticed it last week and luckily enough we were able to fit her into our vets 20 minutes after calling. They took a sample from it and sent it off for testing and we had a phone call on Friday to say it had come back inconclusive so me and Paul took the decision to book her in for an operation tomorrow.

She cannot be fed after 7pm tonight and I have to pick her water up at 7am tomorrow and we're dropping her off at 8.30am and I can phone after 2pm to see how she got on and when we can pick her up.

My sister is baby-sitting Tilly on Friday while we're at work, I wanted someone to be with her while she recovers from the anethestic :)

I'm so nervous about her operation, it hopefully won't be long as the lump is just underneath her skin.

I took her swimming on Saturday (we go every weekend to a local canine hydrotherapy pool) and the lady there will miss her for the next few weeks as we have to wait 7 days after her stitches have been removed until we can go back :)

I will keep you updated on my little baby girls progress

Jen
-x-

Hoping things go smoothly!

Nice to have you back on the forum, Jen - but not the reason for your post! Do hope all goes well with Tilly tomorrow. At least you and your vet are tackling the problem very quickly, so hopefully the op will deal with it.

Love from Kate and wags from Oliver and Aled

Hi all,

Thank you so much for your lovely messages so far :)

We dropped Tilly off at the vets this morning, she was very confused as to why I didn't give her any breakfast and the little walk around the park to empty her bowels I think also confused her! She was very excited when in the car as she was going somewhere and she almost dragged me into the vets (the only dog I've ever known to willingly go into the vets!!) and was making her little excitable noises while we were waiting.

The check with the vet before we left went well, they listened to her heart and everything and I asked for her anal glands to be emptied while she's having the operation. When we left she was still very excitable, wagging tail and lots of panting and she went off with the vet to get settled.

She should have had her operation by now, they said it was likely to be around 12noon and they've asked me to call between 2 and 3pm for an update - we made an appointment earlier for 5.20pm tonight to discharge her so they will let me know when I phone whether that time will be ok or if they need to push it back.

I have felt so nervous about this operation since about last night but the vet said it should only be a short procedure so she won't be under for too long. I'm off over to sainsbury's now to buy her some chicken as I've been told chicken and rice is a good thing to offer them to eat after they've been operated on.

I will keep you all posted on how she does :)

Hugs,

Jen
-x-

Hi all,

Just a little update on Tilly, she's doing fine, the operation went well and her wound is looking ok.

She's been a bit quiet this evening and she completely ignored me in the car on the way home but she's had 3 small lots of chicken this evening so I think she loves me again :lol:

She's back at the vets tomorrow at 4.20pm for a check up and we've arranged to take her back a week on Saturday to have her stitches removed. In the meantime she can only have short walks on the lead, not sure how she's going to like that hehehe

Tonight I've got her sleeping in our bedroom as opposed to on the landing and tomorrow my sister is here to keep an eye on her :)

Tomorrow I can slowly start reintroducing her normal food, she's eaten the chicken straight away this evening so I don't think the op has affected her appetite but she has been very sleepy and looking very pathetic in the process :p

I will keep you posted of her progress :-D

Hugs,

Jen
-x-

awwwwww....poor Tilly!

Glad she is done with surgery and getting some comfort food!! Keep us posted on what the doctors find out about the lump....hope it was just a stupid lump!

Hi all,

Just a little update on Tilly, she's doing fine, the operation went well and her wound is looking ok.

She's been a bit quiet this evening and she completely ignored me in the car on the way home but she's had 3 small lots of chicken this evening so I think she loves me again :lol:

She's back at the vets tomorrow at 4.20pm for a check up and we've arranged to take her back a week on Saturday to have her stitches removed. In the meantime she can only have short walks on the lead, not sure how she's going to like that hehehe

Tonight I've got her sleeping in our bedroom as opposed to on the landing and tomorrow my sister is here to keep an eye on her :)

Tomorrow I can slowly start reintroducing her normal food, she's eaten the chicken straight away this evening so I don't think the op has affected her appetite but she has been very sleepy and looking very pathetic in the process :p

I will keep you posted of her progress :-D

Hugs,

Jen
-x-

Great news! Chicken and rice are awesome for dogs! :) You are such a good Mom Jen!

Glad she is doing well. Do they know what the lump/bump was?

Hope she is back to her self in the next couple days.

Hiya everyone,

Tilly is doing great, when I got home from work yesterday she was back to her normal self and is barking again now :) Paul and my sister took her back to the vets for a check up and they are pleased with how she's healing up. There is a little swelling and not much bruising so they are just happy to see her next Saturday for the stitches to be removed :-D

My sister tells me that Tilly was making some terrible 'stinkies' so when I got in we took her for a walk round the park, I think she's getting rid of the stuff from the anethestic so she'll be ok soon hehehe

The vets have sent the lump off for analysis so we should have the results back by next week, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a fatty lump!!

Hugs,

Jen
-x-

Back