• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Please cross your fingers for Tilly!

Hello Jen, Im a near neighbour to you, and new to this forum. I have introduced myself to Kate too :)

Glad to hear your Tilly is recovering so well. (y)

I'm so glad Tilly is doing fine. I am hoping for the best with the results of the lump, I hope it was nothing bad.

Becky

Hi Jen

Glad Tilly's doing well, and fingers crossed for the test results. Diana (Blueroses) and I are planning a get-together on Abbey Fields when her youngster has completed his vaccinations, it would be great if you could bring Tilly along as well, Oliver and Aled would like to meet her again. Perhaps we could plan a picnic afternoon later for Warwickshire Cavaliers!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Heya,

Just a little update on Tilly, she's doing ok, still quite swollen but she's figured a way of getting to a little part of the wound - it looks like she's licking the inside of her back leg but she is and isn't :lol:

The wound is healing ok, a little seepage from the stitch holes but the vet phoned last night and she said this is nothing to worry about. The vet also said the test results had come back and it was just a fatty lump and nothing nasty which is good. She also said Tilly could develop more but just to keep an eye out :)

Kate and Blueroses - a meet up in Abbey Fields sounds good, hopefully this time Tilly will be a bit braver, bless her :D

Thank you to everyone for their lovely messages of support, they really helped me and Paul (and Tilly!!)

Jen
-x-

Hi all,Tilly was meant to have her stitches out on Saturday but the vet wasn't happy with how the wound was healing up. There was a large scab covering it which consisted of some of her fur which had got stuck to the wound when it oozes.The vet prescribed some Nisamox which is an anti-biotic and she's on that until Friday.When we got home today from work I had a look at her poorly bit and it had opened up a bit, about 1cm circle so we phoned the vets and we went in for 7.20pm as an emergency.The vet was great, she cleaned the wound up and took the scab off along with taking the stitches out, it looks a bit icky at the moment but she said as it's just a surface wound it should close over by itself.As Tilly can get to the wound to lick it, the vet gave us an inflatable collar for her to wear all the time as she doesn't get on with the cone collars. This inflatable one doesn't restrict her sight and she can still eat and drink, the only thing she can't do it get to her poorly bit heheheThe only change I've noticed in her recently is yesterday and this morning she only ate half her breakfast. Yesterday she ate the rest during the evening before her supper. Today she left the half all day and has left part of her supper. I told this to the vet tonight and she said it's nothing to worry about. My thinking is that if she's hungry then she'll eat it :)I will keep you updated of how she gets on :)Hugs,Jen-x-

Hi all,

Just another little update on Tilly - the wound is closing over nicely, there's a scab formed on the majority of it now and the bruising and swelling is going down ok.

Tilly has adapted really well to the inflatable collar, it doesn't seem to bother her much, the only thing she needs help in doing is scratching behind her ears :lol:

For the last few mornings she's eaten her breakfast fine but this morning she just wasn't interested in it - I offered her 1 biscuit out her bowl and she didn't eat it and I tried again about 20 minutes later and she ate it. I did notice this morning that before I let her out (before she has her breakfast) she was doing the 'going to be sick' motions, I don't think she brought anything up so I opened the door into the back garden and she did it again but this time she brought something up, some grass she'd eaten a little earlier.

Once she'd been sick she seemed to perk up a bit and was back to her normal excited self as we were going out to work. I left her breakfast down for her and she also has a carrot so I will see when I get home if she's touched any of them.

I'm not overly worried about her not eating her breakfast, she's at the vets again tomorrow so I can ask Paul to ask the vet about it, it could be the anti-biotics she's on or something.

Other than that, she's doing ok, the wound is no longer seeping so we don't need to have her old blankets on the floor, now I just need her to start sleeping all through the night again as yesterday she woke me at 1.30am and this morning she woke me at 4.30am - both for no particular reason.

Hugs,

Jen
-x-

Back