• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppy Bath Time

That photo is so cute it's criminal. And I love the little tri Barb has- Star? That's a coincidence because her tiny size and the fact that she's half hidden reminds me of Holly as a pup. Holly's original name was Star.

Karlin said:
:lol: :lol:
I'll take them all BTW. :)

Kris and I just got back from the Cavalier Winter Party. After seeing the mess in the puppy pen, THEY'RE ALL YOURS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Bruce, that's one of the most gorgeous things i've ever seen! :D

How often after the puppies are born can you give them a bath (using shampoo)? Do you have to wait until they are a couple of weeks old in case the bitch refuses a pup because it smells different?

Usually they don't need a bath til they're at least 4 weeks old or more because the mom does such a good job of keeping them clean.

Honestly, I don't think you could wash their scent off them. And even if you could, I don't think it would be an issue. With these two litters and the two litters we had at the same time last year, we took a small puppy from the mom that had the bigger litter and gave it to the mom with the smaller litter who had more milk. Did that for about a week in both cases. Neither mom minded at all. The mom with the "extra" puppy just licked it a bit like I would expect and that was it.

I just adore that picture. I put it up on my fridge along with Jane's picture of her hubby and puppy reading the newspaper together. Yesterday I caught hubby standing at the fridge admiring the puppies ;) He then pointed out his favorite.

Bruce H said:
We will be keeping Gishy! Somehow Kris seems to keep accumulating dogs :D We are starting to think about placing a couple of our girls who are getting a little old to breed and we need more girls coming up; have to always be thinking 2 to 3 years ahead. Placing puppies is hard; placing our retirees is almost impossible.

With the new girls in your breeding program, will you be MRIing them?

What a lovely picture Bruce, I hope they washed the bath out after them.. I love Holly such a lovely face (I would have all of them though!!)

Jen said:
Bruce H said:
We will be keeping Gishy! Somehow Kris seems to keep accumulating dogs :D We are starting to think about placing a couple of our girls who are getting a little old to breed and we need more girls coming up; have to always be thinking 2 to 3 years ahead. Placing puppies is hard; placing our retirees is almost impossible.

With the new girls in your breeding program, will you be MRIing them?

We have been talking about this lately. Right now our thinking is that we will wait for another year or so and see what the current thinking is on SM and what should or should not be bred and how that will tie in with heart, eyes and patellas test results.

Seriously... I would have the hardest time being a breeder because there's NO WAY I could give those little pups up!!! They are beautiful Bruce!

Bruce,

I have only just found this thread. I don't look in puppies section too often as I get too broody :roll: :lol:

What a wonderful pic and I LOVE the two 'siamese blenheims' looking every which way but the camera :lol:

I'm going to print it off and put it on jmy fridge too - my youngest will love it & hubby will mutter something about which one have I booked and when is it arriving...... :lol:

I think he's now resigned himself to the fact that it's not IF we get a 3rd to keep but WHEN :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bruce,
Another classic puppy picture :D Seriously, put half mask in a jiffy bag and send to me. Have to have that puppy!

Bruce

That is the most adorable pic I have ever seen.

That is definetely a Calendar Pic for next year. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bruce,

Sydney here. I've got Dad's credit card from our late night run to the treat store last night. I'd like to buy every one of those puppies in the bathtub and Ruby and I will come get them. :drivecar: I think it would make a nice surprise for Mom and Dad for them to come home and find all those puppies in OUR bathtub. They keep saying they want lots more Cavaliers, so we're just helping make their wish come true while at the same time giving us lots more playmates. Very cute picture. :D

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia :paw:

Oh my, Sydney. What a surprise for your mom and dad! Do me a favor, though, and don't take Star. She is coming to live with us on Saturday. You and Ruby are welcome to visit her any time! We know you go on lots of cool trips, and we could show you the sights.

I call her "Star the Wonder Dog." She is wondering things like, "How did Sydney learn to drive a car?" and "Will I be able to talk and type like Ruby?" and "Why am I going to be living with two grumpy boy cats when Sydney and Ruby get to live together?"

It's a big world out there for an "almost" 11-week old puppy, but I know she can call on the two of you for help, particularly late at night when the humans are asleep...

Thank you,
Barb

I call her "Star the Wonder Dog." She is wondering things like, "How did Sydney learn to drive a car?" and "Will I be able to talk and type like Ruby?" and "Why am I going to be living with two grumpy boy cats when Sydney and Ruby get to live together?"
:D :D Oh it is going to be so much fun to watch her grow up on this board. Saturday will be here before you know it!

Star,

Okay, we'll let you go to your new Mom's house. We won't be selfish and we can live with nine new brothers and sisters instead of ten. Besides, it sounds like your new family is going to be very, very good to you. We've always wanted to come to Michigan and go to cool places like Mackinac Island. Maybe we can pop in and Sydney can give you a driving lesson. Although you probably should be a little older. Maybe you can help me work the gas and brake pedals. When you get settled, log in to Human Talk and join the rest of us Cavaliers on-line. We'll be glad to give you late night pointers on how to better control and train your new humans. We chat about some really funny stuff related to humans and we can tell you how to co-exist with grumpy cats. Can't wait to explain about Christmas trees. But don't tell your Mom about your special Cavalier talents. Looking forward to seeing pictures of you and your new home.

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia :paw:

Ruby and Sydney,

I think maybe you are staying up too late and getting too tired, because you thought you saw "Michigan" in my avatar instead of "Minnesota." We've got lots of great stuff to see here, though - this is the land of 10,000 lakes, after all. Not to mention the Mall of America, for dogs like you that know all about credit cards.

I think you will be two very spunky and mischievous friends for Star. And Ruby - if you come to visit, we will introduce you to a ruby Cavalier friend of ours who's name is . . . Ruby!! A long lost twin, perhaps?

Make sure you're getting enough sleep,
Barb

Back