• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The welcome home?

Rj Mac

Just come home after a 12 hour shift this evening, and as usual was greeted by the stampeding doggies :lol: charging out to see me as if I've been away for weeks......it's just so uplifting :D......tails wagging....jumping about....dancing on the spot......just sheer bliss

Great isnt it to see them jumping and dancing around. Mind u first thing in the morning when im half asleep it can be abit over whelming :) Still at least i know they care.:luv:

A 12 hours shift, ouch! Do you have to work that hard? What do you do?

My son Ash always said he didn't agree to me getting a dog. He said it was too much work etc. Well now, the first thing he does when he gets home is call Dylan and make a big fuss over him. It's the best welcome anyone can have :lotsaluv:

Isn't that the best??!! No matter how bad your day .... your pups always make you feel better.

AMEN to that, its the best!! Sabrina sleeps with us and when she wakes up she lays on my chest and puts her nose about and inch from mine, like saying hello are you in there. I always wake up to the feeling someone is watching me!! I open my eyes and alls I see is ears, eyes and nose. Night time is great too, come home and get massive kisses!!!

When I used to come home from work I would always be the first in the house. It was always silent and unwelcoming and I would say to my hubby and son that they were lucky when they came home to warm house, smell of dinner and noise. Now I am the lucky one as I now get welcomed by two mad dogs with tails wagging, no other feeling like it.

A 12 hours shift, ouch! Do you have to work that hard? What do you do?

My son Ash always said he didn't agree to me getting a dog. He said it was too much work etc. Well now, the first thing he does when he gets home is call Dylan and make a big fuss over him. It's the best welcome anyone can have :lotsaluv:

I'm a bus driver Pauline, most of our shifts are about that length, but we're in the middle of negotiations to try and get them cut back a little :xfngr:

It really is the best welcome :D

Yerh, it's like a bundle of happiness charging at you. They do it to me followed by kisses and then they lose intrest in me. Oh the cheek they have.:D :D :dogwlk: ;) ;)

Isnt it just the greatest feeling in the world, I love coming home to my babies, it really warms the heart :luv:

12 hours :eek: .

I can walk out to the mailbox and come back into the house and Scout is like, 'where have you been?'. I was gone for 30 seconds, but it does feel nice that she is so happy to see me.

Yep, it's so awesome - I had a totally crappy day yesterday, and then I walked in the door, and Willow greeted me with a full body wag - it made me feel instantly better!

YES!!!! This is one of the best things about having a Cavalier! I love the way Ziggy greets me when I walk in the door. He dances around on his hind feet and gives me high fives with both paws. You just have to be there to see it. I wish I had some one to video his dance. Its a scream!

I have to agree 100%....I'm not sure there is much better than when the pups are sooooooo happy to see you....

I have 2 'real' children ages 18 & 19 and of course we love them, but dh & I agree that had Max & Molly come along first......we might not have had kids! (our teenagers are exhausting & frustrating much of the time)

That's the thing with these dogs, I remember many years ago when my Sisters ancient old Cavalier (he was 12 at the time) was given 72 hours to live, I simply could not imagine coming home to there being no dog there to welcome me in true Cavalier fashion!!
My then fiance' now OH, who I met walking the dog incidently! Anyway we talked to my parents and they said get another puppy but it goes with you when you get married next year, that puppy extended my Sisters lads life by a further 2 years! He was also responsible for me getting into showing this wonderful breed and eventually breeding them, so he is to blame for my current house full, and I wouldn't have it any other way!!

You just cannot beat a Cavalier Welcome Home can you?

We have a porch (now the dog grooming room) between the living room and the garage; there is a french door between the porch and the living room. It is just so heartwarming to come into the porch and see all those dog faces lined up in the living room at the french door waiting for me. When I open the door, I am absolutely mobbed by dogs and I love it! Everyone gets a petting.

Kris once complained that I greet the dogs before her when I come home. I told her that when she meets me at the door, jumps all over me and licks me all over, I'll greet her first :lol: :lol:

Kris once complained that I greet the dogs before her when I come home. I told her that when she meets me at the door, jumps all over me and licks me all over, I'll greet her first :lol: :lol:

:rotfl: Brilliant!!

Back