• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bailey might have cancer.

Hope she makes a speedy recovery. Sounds like she's being well looked after by her mum! she deserves to be spoilt right, now.

I'm so sorry to hear of poor Baileys "illness". I pray its benign & hope she does well after her surgery. xxx

Mommy to.......
Bobo, Black & Tan age 9yrs (Rescue)
Hoopy, BL age 3yrs
Lenee, BL age 6months

So very sorry to hear about poorly Bailey.
At least she's home with you now, which is good for both of you.
Very strong prayers from us all here.

So glad Bailey is back home with you. Hope and Praying for a good outcome.
Lots of:hug:

So pleased that Bailey is home and doing well - you are doing a wonderful job caring for her. We really hope that the vet is right and that it is benign and you will have many happy years together yet.

Take care of yourself as well

I'm also very glad to read that Bailey is at home with you again - nothing like her family's TLC to help with the healing process!

Keeping everything crossed for the future too. Good luck little girl :xfngr:

I'm so sorry to read what Bailey has been through so far. I can't imagine having to sit and wait on results like this. We'll keep you in our thoughts :flwr:

Thanks. It's nice to know everyone is thinking about Bailey. It is really hard waiting on these results. My stomach is constantly in knots. Here is what the vet has said about Bailey-

Investigations
Abdominal ultrasound was suggestive of focal abnormalaties in the urinary bladder, however these were not clearly differentiated from the overlying sediment. The uterine stump was prominent and potentally enlarged (uterus was partially removed when she was spayed).

Plain abdominal radiographs- unremarkable.
Contrast radiographs of the urinary system revealed a number of abnormalaties in the urinary bladder suggesting multiple polypoid structures inside Bailey's bladder. The shape and size of the vaginal wall was considered enlarged and irregular.
Bladder biopsy performed during surgery- pending

Diagnoses
Multiple small filling defects in bladder and possible vaginal hypertrophy or chronic vaginitis.

Surgery
Bailey was taken for exploratory surgery of the abdomen and a 6cm incision was made into the bladder to access its interior. Multiple polypoid structures were identified, covering the entire bladder. Two samples were taken for biopsy and bacterial culture.
The prominent uterine stump was dissected from the bladder wall and adjacent structures and then removed.
During this procedure the left ureter was unfortunately damaged and required reconstruction.

I always thought that if anything ever happened to Bailey it would be due to her SM. I never thought we would be dealing with something like this.

Oh my.... this just goes on for you all!

I am reading this every day to get updates. I feel like I know you all and wish I could make this better. I am so sorry that various issues keep piling up when you just want Bailey to be fixed and home recovering. Sending you the biggest hug.

I have just read this thread now ..... I am so sorry about what you and little Bailey have been through and are going through, must be very traumatic (particularly for you). You and Bailey are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope the results of her biopsy have a positive outcome.

Oh, I wish there was something I could say that would be more profound . But, I tell you it just broke my heart to read your comment:

I always thought that if anything ever happened to Bailey it would be due to her SM. I never thought we would be dealing with something like this.

So, all I can do is say, I am thinking of and praying for you both (((hugs)))

Cindy and Claire

:updte:

Great news everyone! Bailey's biopsy results have came back negative for cancer! :w**h**:

She does however have a very severe, chronic case of cystitis. The polyps/cysts in her bladder turned out to be lymphoid cells which are a reaction to the infection.

Bailey goes back to the hospital next Monday for an ultrasound and to get started on medication. The vet said it may take a few weeks to get the right combination of medicines but we should be able to get her on something that works.

I am so relieved! Thanks so much to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the last week :hug:

Oh thank god, I'm so happy to hear it's not cancer:jump:

Hopefully they will get her Meds sorted out and she'll be back to her usual self in no time.

That is so great!!! Hope they find the medication combo that helps soon.:pi*no::pi*no:

I am so glad to read your news. Hopefully with the right meds Bailey will be on her way to recovery.

Back