• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Update on surgery tomorrow and University of Florida facility

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the idea of the hotel across the street. You will get your own little in house nurse, and the hospital is RIGHT there in case of emergency, plus you get to be with your baby. Go Gracie!

I'm sorry poor Gracie is unhappy, it sounds like they are prepared to work with you which is great.

Anne - I love your description "Zipperhead" - but it's true! I remember seeing Riley for the first time. They had even shaved part of her ears. I thought she looked like a half-shorn lamb. But it grows back quickly.

Debra, do you have a crate with you, or will they give you one to keep her in? It's really important that she not jump. Hopefully she'll eat for you and feel more comfortable being snuggled up with you. I hope you brought lots of reading material with you and the hotel has lots of movies and there's room service available! Give your baby lots of gentle kisses when you pick her up!!

we did bring her crate with liner

Yes, we do have it and she either will be in our laps, beside us on bed or in the crate. More worried bout keeping her calm on potty walks. Will need both of us to make sure she does not get too excited. I appreciate the zipper analogy. Kinda expected that. So she already had poodle legs from. MRI and now will have shorn zipperhead. Guess I better keep her from seeing herself in the mirror! She may really peeved!

It's wonderful that Gracie is doing well cl*p and I'm sure once she's with you she'll start to feel alot better. Sounds like the hospital is top notch and really willing to work with the patients and families so that everyone is comfortable.

I appreciate the zipper analogy. Kinda expected that. So she already had poodle legs from. MRI and now will have shorn zipperhead. Guess I better keep her from seeing herself in the mirror! She may really peeved!

This made me laugh. When Sydney was in the ER he had 2 IVs, one in each front leg and as soon as I saw him afterward that's the first thing I said......poodle legs.

I just got home and caught up on the 'Gracie Chronicles'. You know, it's really not much different than having a toddler/child in the hospital. I remember when my young niece was in a couple years ago for a bone marrow transplant.....my SIL never left. I spent every weekend, Thursday-Sunday, or Fri-Mon. to help. They said it's a fact that children do better in recovery when they have family with them.

So, it doesn't surprise me that the same is true with our beloved 'toddler' fur children. Gracie is very fortunate to have two people who love her so much, and are willing to do whatever it takes. Hope you can find her something fun to watch on the TV, you know, like Sponge Bob, just kidding (this was one of my nieces favorites while so sick).

Give Gracie a gentle hugs from Claire and I.

Hi

Debra everything is going fine, if I come and stay in your hotel can I have Gracie on my knee pls .This
is compulsive reading for many before we go to bed as soon as we get up and numerous times in the
day there must be loads hanging on every post as you two are so so important to so many of us .

Stay safe pls .

Well....she is here with us...

When we went to the hospital at 3 pm, they said that they were seeing signs of depression and felt that they could monitor her here if it would help her get better. We have VERY strict rules to follow and they are coming by 2 times to check on her today. So far, it is working so well. We were able to get her to eat a small patty of her raw food and take some cool water. Then she crashed....is snoring away! She is still somewhat sedated. She will not be fully discharged until late tomorrow or Friday. We will stay in the area until Friday regardless.

She did not get over-excited when we first saw her....she is likely peeved at us but hope it is the sedation. :-? But she just grunted her happy grunts when hubby came back in the room after running errand. What a beautiful sound...and yes, she is still beautiful, even with her zipperhead.

I think the zipperhead adds character. A zipperhead club :) I bet you are glad to have her with you. Sweet girl

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Brian said it perfectly...we all follow this thread morning noon and night! I literally just opened my eyes (I am still in bed!) and jumped on here for a Grace update...she is such a brave soul and so are you and your husband.
That is wonderful about the hotel and that they will come over to do checkups, this sounds like a wonderful hospital you are at and I am sure just the presence of you has Gracie in such a better mind.

Thinking of you!!

Yes I am just off to bed but had to see what is going on with Gracie first. So glad she had something to eat. She must be a lot happier with you around all the time.

Brian....this made me laugh out loud

Best hotel proposition ever... But Gracie said you are a cheeky bloke!

Hi

Debra everything is going fine, if I come and stay in your hotel can I have Gracie on my knee pls .This
is compulsive reading for many before we go to bed as soon as we get up and numerous times in the
day there must be loads hanging on every post as you two are so so important to so many of us .

Stay safe pls .

How did the visits from the Vet tech's go? Yes, we all are checking on Gracie numerous times a day. She'll do better with momma and daddy.

Brian, you crack me up!

Yep..we all check in

several times a day. Gracie is one special lady...she's grabbed our hearts coast to coast and ocean to ocean.:lotsaluv:

Morning update to Gracie's fans!!

Gracie had a very good night. Slept really well and eating well. Still hates her meds...but we were sneaky and had them compounded into liquid. She is achy and sometimes yelps when she turns her head a certain way, but her tail is wagging again and she especially enjoyed visiting with a little girl in hotel lobby. Going for a checkup now. Expect it to go well.

Wonderful news. I was just about to go to sleep and did a "Gracie check" first, and I'm happy to hear her tail is wagging. Bringing her back to be with you vs. The hospital and still having the docs available, seems like it was the best move. I've been thinking about Gracie every second.

And how are you doing? How did you sleep?

Give Gracie a nice soft pat from me, what a brave little girl with such a new chance at life. Hugs!

Check up was great...

They were very pleased and all noted how much brighter her eyes were today. She has lost the dull or glazed look. I am doing much better too as is hubby. We each gave each other a break yesterday to go out for a bit. We both slept pretty well but I got up periodically to check on her...as required. I know that what the hospital is doing by allowing her to leave and be monitored at hotel is scary. But they have been piloting this for some time with dogs that are prone to separation issues with very good success. We will stay in the area until at least tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back