• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Update on surgery tomorrow and University of Florida facility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad things are on the up. Bright eyes are a great signcl*p

Keep well and look after your self, gentle hugs to Gracie from Leo XX

SO pleased that Gracie is doing well, the hotel set up seems to work well :D It's great that you are both there and can give each other some time out too, you have to keep yourselves healthy and strong, sadly the recovery is a long process.

So glad Gracie came through the surgery ok. She has lots of people around the world praying for her and we wait anxiously every day for an update. We are all here to support you and your family - stay strong.

more good news....

Gracie has pooped! I kinda figured that being back on omeprazole might move things along. It has! May have to explore the other option because it was moving things along tooooo much before surgery.

Phew just got through reading all your updates! Thanks so much for letting us know every little detail, we have all come to care so much for you and Gracie :) Hooray for the poops! lol...

Phew just got through reading all your updates! Thanks so much for letting us know every little detail, we have all come to care so much for you and Gracie :) Hooray for the poops! lol...

Pleased to hear that Gracie is doing so well.

So pleased to hear that Gracie is doing well - may her recovery continue. Sending her lots of gentle :hug:

Clare Rusbridge recommends Zitac [Cimetidine] rather than Omeprazole, Omeprazole has more possible long term effects, whereas ZItac seems to be a gentler drug - both reduce CSF flow. Omeprazole can cause vomiting and loose bowel movements in some dogs unfortunately.

Was gone all day today, so just catching up....well, it's after midnight. So glad to hear she has a wagging tail and is looking better.

Are you staying beyond Friday? How do follow ups happen? Instructions for at home care?

Sorry, three questions in a row.....I am just so glad she is with her family.

:l*v:So pleased that Gracie is brighter, it's always a good sign, the occasional yelps would be normal since I assume the staples hasn't come off yet, sounds like she will make a very good recovery.
Is she still on pain medication I wonder.
Best wishes
Daffymum

Turns out the main source of yelping when we picked her up

Was a poorly bandaged leg where her IV was! They had caught large pieces of fur in the tape! It was awful! We were pulling on her fur every time she moved! Grrrrrr! Took us a good 20 minutes of very careful snipping to get it off. They did not shave the area enough and looks like a kid wrapped the tape. Geez!

Forgot to check in to say that we are home...

They discharged and was no arguing with them....this is how they do it. Gracie is doing well and has slept most of the time in the car and at home. We are watching her like a hawk. Walking her in the house on leash and very limited area outside for potty. She only gets 5-minute walks at a time. We eats well but have cut back her food with less activity. Doctor has cut out the omaprazole so that may help her poop return to normal. We are still on gabapentin and tramadol for now. More later.

I am happy she made it home okay!! Gracie never ceases to amaze me, what a strong dog you have. How are you and your husband doing? How is Gracie coping being back at home?

This is a random question, but what does the surgery look like now? I mean, how much do they have to "cut open and staple" for something like this? And is it on her head or more on her spine? Sorry if these questions are too sensitive at the moment, so no need to go through it if it is too emotional for you, but I was just curious how these things go.

Continued thoughts and prayers for little Gracie :)

That is the best new I've heard all week. I hope you will all sleep well at home. I assume you follow up with the neurologist? Or perhaps you have to drive down there in a few weeks....

No matter, it's all good. Sleep well. Claire and I are having a party about Gracie being home.b*n*n*

I'm so glad she is home :) I've been thinking of you.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:
She is doing very well.... she does wince a little when moving certain ways

And like Annie or someone else said, she is not trying to be too active yet and is sleeping alot. She did go sit quietly on leash in the front yard with my hubby this morning. He did not let her move but she really did not try anyway, but her tail was wagging much of the time. It is kind of like her head feels heavy. She enjoyed hearing light raindrops under our big maple tree. All functions still working... poop is still a bit soft and orangish from the anesthesia and omeprazole, which we have now stopped giving.

I'm so glad that Gracie is home and recovering well. Sending a lot of hugs to Gracie, what a trooper she is! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back