• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Suggestions for names, please!

Sounds good to me Alison :lol:

Linda, those pups are just soooooooooooo beautiful but that Tri.... I could just eat her for dinner, she is too yummy for words :lol:

I have one of each but there is just something about tri's, I could have a houseful of them - not sure hubby would agree though :( .

One thing's for sure, whichever one of them you end up with, you'll get a heart and a lifetime full of love :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv:

Alison_Leighfield said:
Linda,

......and Nicki's friend Alison needs a holiday as well, can she come !!!!! and Alisons friend Donna needs a holiday toooo, can she come !!!

Oh fab, sounds like a ball, have fun girls!!! :jump:

Nancy the pups are beautiful, OMG just so beautiful! :luv: :luv: take both! :lol:

My choice would be the Tri, lovely markings, nice and white, looks like a Winnie to me though...... :D yep a Winnie for sure!

Alison, wilts, U.K.

Alison, Donna

You are both very very welcome to come, would'nt it be super if we could
all meet up and have a super duper holiday.

I am actually saving my pennies, as one day I am coming back to Scotland to see Nicki & The Boys that includes Trevor.
May be a few years but I am, I don't have much family left in Scotland
but my son would love to come.

Hope you all have a marvellous wkd, I am heading north much earlier than planned.
I have some super parents that are all picking up the kids at lunchtime so
I can leave, hubby will join me with the boys tonight as they have to work until 11:00 p.m.

Talk to you all when I get back, I know Sassy would of been a perfect name for Darby but it really is more suitable for a girl and Nancy's Tri.

I will be checking the board the minute I get back don't let up on her.
Sassy Sassy Sassy

Linda,

As soon as I win the lottery, we are all jumping on the next plane over :lol: . When you go to stay with Nicki, you are also welcome to come and stay here too. I have plenty of room and I'm sure you'll need a Cavalier fix :lol: Have a great weekend xxxx

Linda--
Have a wonderful weekend! We're just praying for SUN here..ya know that big yellow thing up in the sky?
Send some down here---I am a big baseball fan and my METS were in Canada last weekend and the weather there was GORGEOUS!!!

Have a safe trip ---give Dudley and Darby hugs from their "Sassy" Auntie Nancy ! ;)

oooohhh I'd missed all this...holiday plans YAY!!!! I'm off to get my passport!!!!

It would be so wonderful wouldn't it?

I wish we could have transporters {ok I confess I used to watch Star Trek!} then we could visit whenever we wanted - I'm sure the pups would soon get used to it.

One day...when my premium bond comes up!...I'm going to buy a camper van and treck through the UK doing some visiting :lol: Lulu you can fly over and come with me Sweetie :D we'll do a girlies road trip but my wee boys will have to come as chaperones LOL

SOrry Nancy just catching up here....those pups are just stunning, I love the wee Tri too, and that expression in the 2nd photo is priceless...definitely a SASSY then!!

The wee Blen. is pretty too, my Westie was a Katie - a "what Katie did next" sort of girl :lol:

I'm sure whicever one you have will be wonderful, they look a super litter.

I think the Blen looks like a Miss Honey-Bee too, that would really suit her.

My tri was Princess Peaches, only hubby always said she should be Empress :D

I always wanted to name a female Cav "Kensington", but it's just too much of a mouthful, perhaps. And a nickname doesn't readily come to mind. (Kensie?)

Nicki said:
I love the wee Tri too, and that expression in the 2nd photo is priceless...definitely a SASSY then!!

Way to go Nicki, you tell her luv. :lotsaluv:

I am back Nancy, had a wonderful wonderful wkd.

Nicki I am coming with you for the road trip. :D :D :D :D

My breeder is taking her pups for health clearances this Friday, the 11th...if all goes well, I am taking home a puppy on Sunday August 13th.
I feel like a child counting down the day's 'til her birthday (altho' these days I have to start memorizing how old I will be at each birthday, hahaha!)...anywho--I am nervous and excited all at once.
Sorry if I am boring you all! :wink:

Nancy
New Jersey

Boring??? Bite your tongue...we love puppy news! :w**h**: :w**h**: :w*w: :dgwlk: ...only 7 more days!!!!!!!

Nancy - do you know yet which puppy will be yours? I looked back on the thread and you said that it was between a blenheim and a tri girl. Which is it? Have you picked out the name?

Barring any problems ( health clearances ) the tri girl will come home with me...Katydid, Katy for short. BUT, either girl will be fine with me as cavaliers are wonderful, spectacular dogs! ;)

Nancy - Love the name! I can't wait to read about your homecoming. One more week to go, you must be so excited.

okay...so you know when you have a feeling that something is wrong and you get a message on the phone from your breeder and you sense something not quite right in her voice???
Well, puppies went for health clearances yesterday...
I was expecting all day to hear from my breeder as I was to take home pup tomorrow. I was waiting for a happy email to tell me to give her a call so we can set a time tomorrow to come up and get Katydid.....
Nothing.
So, I go out for the evening because a watched pot never boils.
I return at about 10:30pm to a message from breeder that is sounding not quite right ...instead of the happy message, I get a message to give her a call when i can. I called this morning. There is a problem, the robust tri has been on an oral antibiotic for fluid in lungs (probably a result from slurping mom's milk or ...from ceasarian...who knows) the cough was concerning as the antibiotics had been administered for about a week. Breeder took her to the hospital last evening and she is now on i.v. antibiotic BUT had gained and has steadily gained weight all the while. She was weighed last nite and was 4.7 pounds...a gain of 4 ounces just this week. She is up and playing and playful and eating at the hospital.
Prognosis is good but there are no guarantees...my breeeder is cautious and I appreciate this.
Now I have to make tough decisions.....
In my heart I think this illness is a setback but not a message to give up on her. The breeder could not say enough about this little love-bug and she feels terrible for me and knows that if things go well she would be best placed with me....but if things deteriorate-the costs are overwhelming and lets just not go there-i don't want to think about it until we give the pup a good 24 to 36 hours on i.v. and further doctor evaluation.
I am going up Monday morning and must decide on this pup or alternate because I am first pick on list and she has many people in line after me for the other pups.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I had a gut feeling this week that something was up---I have everything ready but did not want to pick up her puppy food yet because I knew something was unsettled.
I need cold hard advice ---especially from you breeders.
I am positive but then again, I do not want to have my head stuck in the clouds either. I need direction----Katydid needs the power of all of your positive thoughts! :wink:
Thanks for listening!
Nancy
NJ

If it was me I would ask the breeder to keep her a while longer, say 2-3 wks and see how she is then after another vet check.

If you have your concerns and worries then you must be having them for a reason, is your sensible conscience telling you one thing but your heart another?

Really think this through, she may be fine but she could also be a poorly little one, you need to deceide if you can cope with taking this chance....your breeder obviously understands and it sounds like there is no pressure for you to take her.

I don't see how she could carry on and re-sell her though if she isn't 100% fit and well, that isn't right. You should be given more time to see if she improves.

Looking after a poorly dog full time takes alot of patience and time, and although not such an important factor as the time needed you will also need money as well.

So it's back to the beginning.....ask the breeder to have her a few more weeks....give her the chance to come good for you.....and if this isn't an option and it will be heart breaking....I would walk away.

Hope all turns out well, thinking about you,

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Hi Nancy I think you need a hug {{{{{{{{Nancy}}}}}}}} I think I would do as Alison says but maybe if you really liked one of the others in the litter to go for that one instead - depends on how long she would wait.

Do you desparately want one from this particular littler or not is the thing as well. If you say you'll have this one but wait then would you lose the chance of another if anything went badly?

I really feel for you, the breeder and the poor darling furbaby :( I really, really hope she gets well soon xxxxx

Thanks Donna, Thanks Alison, for your support.
This summer would be the time to have a puppy as I have to go back to work in September(I teach). Then the sweet blenheim was health checked by cardiologist in Red Bank (very prestigious clinic in Northeast) and he heart a murmer but feels is is a puppy murmer as pups are 11 weeks old...he put this in writing on the papers.
I have been googling everything on the internet. I feel that things will turn out okay....but i am heartbroken for the pup. She has been healthy all along and making strides weight wise and breeder has been crying buckets over tri girl as she has the personality of a sweet love-bug.
My gut says all will end well but nothing is easy these days...my dad is experiencing major depression over the loss of his cognitive skills this past two weeks (alzheimers) and the only saving grace for him is my Teddy...he keeps asking when is the puppy coming home....I haven't broken the news to him yet. I will when he asks again :( .
Please pray for puppy....I am going over to the breeders monday morning and if tri has not made major strides I am very tempted to take home blenheim with murmer....Darn it....this is rough. I have no children and always dreamed I would...my doggie is the closest thing to it.
Go back and look at the photos I posted of these two ladies....I am getting all squishy now and not very objective.

Nancy
NJ

P.s...cardiologist expert with cavaliers feels the puppy murmer will go away......just a puppy thing. He is putting this on papers.report

Nancy

Oh Nancy, I don't know what I would do. They are both delicious but I can see why you went for the Tri - she just has that pouty baby face :l*v:

Sorry, I'm less use than a chocolate fireguard!

Maybe you could ask the breeder if you take the Blenheim & the Tri works out well, could she let you have her for free..... ;) :lol:

Nancy,

With all your interests at heart here please don't take a pup with a murmer "hoping" that all will turn out well, it doesn't always work like that, with it already noted on her records with a murmer then your insurance company may then not cover this problem once written down....this could then prove very expensive later on for you.

This is an awful situation, you have waited so long and have fallen in love with her before she has even come to you..... I feel that what you really need here is a healthy pup from day 1 of coming home with you as you have alot of other situations to consider also like your work hours and your dads health.....a poorly pup could be a strain on you.

Please ask if your breeder will watch your little Tri for a while, this seems reasonable to me....if I were the breeder I would watch and keep her for you until you were happy to take her and would also offer to take her back if her health got any worse and you felt you couldn't cope.

Please Nancy don't be dis-heartened, there are other puppies at other times, please think hard about your choice now, you will have the health and the care for years to come of your new little one.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Back