• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Took Dylan to vet, SM? Long post, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pauline,

Glad you got Dylan out today. I used the 'moving in the opposite direction' method of training for Rufus and it did work well - although you get absolutely nowhere in terms of distance for a while!

Whenever he pulled forward :dogwlk: I turned and encouraged him to follow me by talking to him to get his attention rather than pulling him round. It took a lot of patience but he got the hang of it and only pulls when he sees a cat now - haven't managed to overcome that one.

:c*t: Not sure what he would do if he actually caught up with a cat .... there are some pretty tough looking ones in our area and I think I know who would win.....

It must be a bit frustrating only being able to take him to specific places when you are used to taking him everywhere, but at least you have got over that first hurdle of taking him out.

Cuddles to Dylan from my boys.

I don't think Dylan is very well, he's a bit quiet. I am meant to be going to the cinema tonight and I think this will give him time for a quiet nap. I can't think of anything other than sleep to make him feel better. Or maybe I should stay in?

Pauline
do go out sleep for Dylan will not hurt him some years ago my grandad always said that for a dog who is feeling a bit low that sleep is the best thing have a good time what are you going to see
---Aileen and the gang(Barney---Jazzie---Jakr)

We are going to see Eagle Eye. I don't know what it's about, my daughter and he friends are going, I'm going along with one of my friends. Thanks Aileen.

Good morning Pauline
How are you this Morning did you like the film
How is Dylan this morning
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

It was a very good film, I enjoyed it. Dylan seemed very good when I came home so perhaps he did need a sleep.

Pauline, I'm glad to hear you went to the film and enjoyed it, and even more delighted to hear Dylan was good when you came home. I hope everything is going well today.

Hi Aileen, you are sweet checking on us.

Dylan is slightly worse than before the scan, but getting back to where he was. I think they poked and prodded too much, had to be done though. I don't see any improvement with the pills as regards air scratching. I have to ring in about a week. Overall he is fortunate not to be too symptomatic. He has refused his food this morning which is never a good sign with him, he did the same yesterday but I gave him a top up at lunch and he ate that. I might take him to the vet next week as soon as I can get my favourite veterinarian. I feel I want to establish a repeat prescription for his pills too. I don't know if the Rimadyl is meant to continue. The instructions were 1/2 a pill twice a day for a week, then 1/2 a pill once a day for 2 weeks and that's all they gave me whereas I got 90 Gabapentin which need to be halved so that will last some time.

I have a nice update. Dylan is back to his old self. I don't know if the pills are working now but today I took him out for a stroll round the block and he didn't air scratch, I didn't let him pull though. The only noticeable difference is his slipping on the wooden floors. I bought some paw wax but fail to see how this will work as it's like lip balm. It smells lovely :)

I phoned the Royal Veterinary College (RVC) today, they are so friendly. I spoke to Victoria Penning, Dylan's neurologist, as we are running low on Rimadyl. She said we will see how he does without it as long term it's not good though sometimes they have to do that. Victoria is very kind and said to call any time.

I also cleared up with Victoria the length of Dylan's syrinx as on the report they wrote mm by mistake when it should have said cm. So both syrinx were close to 5cm. She said not to put too much importance on size as this doesn't always correlate with the symptoms as is the case with Dylan. These syrinx were some of the biggest they had seen but Dylan isn't very symptomatic.

I got a letter from AXA yesterday, they said they are happy to say they are dealing with my claim. I hope this means it's all going through.

The RVC still haven't got my scan for me and Victoria said I'm top of the list when the software is fixed but would I like a print out, a disc. I don't think they usually give the film. She said to phone around anyone I wanted to send it to and see what they prefer. I think a disc is best. Any advice would be helpful.

Which is best for research and who do I send it to?

I am so pleased that Dylan is having is walks and that the RVC is so good and helpful
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

Hi Pauline,
Great news that Dylan is feeling himself again. Leo had his surgery yesterday. He had an abcess that had burst on his Left anal gland. We brought him home last night and he's feeling very sorry for himself He's not a happy bunny but I expect it will take time.
Give Dylan a hug from his family here in HertforshireXX

Mel and Leo:p

Hi Pauline havent had much time to catch up on Dylans progres lately,hes still my favourite little cav.Im so glad to hear that he is doing so much better,you are a great mam to Dylan :lotsaluv:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back