• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Took Dylan to vet, SM? Long post, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they will pay and the premiums won't shoot up next year because I put a claim in. I just called the vets manager to say yes go ahead and she was so nice she said it's very sad and he's young dog so keep an open mind to treatment, see what they say. She is trying to get me an appointment in the afternoon or late morning because of traffic on the M25.

It has really hit me now and I'm very upset.

AXA will give me up to £7000 every year.

Now I should make a dvd of his symptoms.

Hi Pauline, I'm sorry to hear that you are having to go through this with Dylan, it must be a very worrying time for you. Very good news that your insurance company will readily pay up. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that the results of Dylan's tests will be positive ones and I shall follow this thread to see how things go.
Kindest regards, Phoebe's mum :hug:

Hi Pauline -- I'm sorry for all the worry as well. On the lower cost schemes -- they are not useful for diagnostic purposes if you actually want your dog treated -- the low cost scans are very basic scans and consults to give breeders awareness of the status of their breeding dogs. Pet owners can use them too -- at a higher cost but still relatively low -- but again that doesn't involve treatment advice, or a full consult, and another full MRI would be needed for surgery.

Pauline, I'm so glad to hear that your insurer will cover the cost. I hope you can get an appointment at a convenient time so that you're not stuck in traffic for ages.

pauline that is good news that the insurance company will cover the MRI!!! i hope u get a appointment pretty soon

Hi Pauline -- I'm sorry for all the worry as well. On the lower cost schemes -- they are not useful for diagnostic purposes if you actually want your dog treated -- the low cost scans are very basic scans and consults to give breeders awareness of the status of their breeding dogs. Pet owners can use them too -- at a higher cost but still relatively low -- but again that doesn't involve treatment advice, or a full consult, and another full MRI would be needed for surgery.

Thank you, the vet and insurance company want me to go to the Royal Veterinary College as it's very good there. Did you go there?

Oh Pauline I'm only reading this now.

You must be going out of your head with worry. I hope you get your apt soon & get sorted asap

big hugs for you & Dylan :hug:

Only seen this now! I hope you get your appointment soon :xfngr: It's great that your insurance will cover the MRI. Big :hug::hug: for you and Dylan.

I got a call from the vets practice manager, she got me an appointment for the 15th of this month at the Royal Veterinary College. She told me not to feed him after his evening meal the night before, I think, I felt so sick with nerves I couldn't take it in. I asked if he'd need the scan that day, she didn't know but I assume so if he can't eat. I hope they only sedate him and not put him under a general.

Glad you got your appointment try not to worry too much...I know thats easier said than done..hugs again to you and Dylan.

I got a call from the vets practice manager, she got me an appointment for the 15th of this month at the Royal Veterinary College. She told me not to feed him after his evening meal the night before, I think, I felt so sick with nerves I couldn't take it in. I asked if he'd need the scan that day, she didn't know but I assume so if he can't eat. I hope they only sedate him and not put him under a general.

Hello * Pauline*

Don't worry, the RVC is excellent. They will take good care of Dylan.
I'll come and meet you on the 15th.

I tried to send you a private message but your box is full. I'll be in touch next week for more details of your appointment.

Best wishes,

Margaret C

Pauline :hug: to you and Dylan, I hope everthing goes ok on the 15th and we'll all be here for you waiting to hear how it goes xx

Take care of your self I will be thinking of you and Dylan on the 15th:hug:
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie--Jake)

Hugs all round

Hi Pauline and Dylan

Just to let you know we will all be thinking of you on the 15th and also to say thank you to Margaret C for meeting you there, how wonderful to have someone like Margaret be with you.:flwr:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back